Skin removal surgery

Spicerfamily1997
on 1/6/16 3:41 pm - Lake isabella, Ca

My name is Virginia Spicer I use to be 245 pounds but I lost the weight and now I'm 166 pounds I need skin removed from my tummy legs and arms where can I get this surgery done for free I will donate the skin please help me my medical does not pay for this surgery please help me I live in Kern county california

Hislady
on 1/6/16 7:15 pm - Vancouver, WA

I don't know of any that actually do this for free. It is basically an urban myth. There isn't that big of a need for skin and they definately don't want our old stretched out skin. Sorry but your best chance is to save up and maybe have it done in Mexico where it is cheaper but be very careful because you can also get a bad surgeon there who can make you look much worse or even potentially kill you. There are risks with any surgery but this is an especially serious surgery and you want a very experienced surgeon.

However free surgery for skin donation is not actually done anywhere tht I know of and I've been on here for over 10 yrs. Sorry there isn't better news for you.

ladygodiva1228
on 1/7/16 6:44 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On January 6, 2016 at 11:41 PM Pacific Time, Spicerfamily1997 wrote:

My name is Virginia Spicer I use to be 245 pounds but I lost the weight and now I'm 166 pounds I need skin removed from my tummy legs and arms where can I get this surgery done for free I will donate the skin please help me my medical does not pay for this surgery please help me I live in Kern county california

Sorry to tell you, but there is no place the will do skin removal surgery for free.  The skin that would be removed would have no benefits to be donated to any place. 

Like Hislady said start saving your pennies or just live with the extra skin.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

L. 68
on 1/7/16 11:56 am

ffffHi Virginia,

I truly understand your grief but can i ask you why your insurance wont pay for your skin removal i have three friends and a cousin who had rny and they all got either a tummy tuck or boob lift or both paid100% by their insurance.

I had cosmetic surgery before being banded thank God after i gained and later had the band i lost the weight but no skin sagging.. and for that i had paid over 12000 out of pocket.  

Spicerfamily1997
on 1/8/16 1:31 am - Lake isabella, Ca

My medical is California medi-cal county medical they don't pay for nothing not even meds we need

L. 68
on 1/8/16 6:39 am

Sorry to hear that my best friend lives in california too and they wouldnt pay for her lapband about 8 years ago.  Well she drove herself to Mexico for less than 5000 she got the band it was the best experience she ever had she has lost all her weight and has kept it off she never went back for a fill they did an awesome jo.  

good luck to you i think if you find the right medical team in mexico if you are willing to go its worth your money..

again good luck to you 

B.

White Dove
on 1/8/16 4:34 pm - Warren, OH
Most Active