LAP-BAND TO RNY REVISION

hteadtbear
on 1/14/16 8:37 am
RNY on 09/01/15

I did not have any "complications" from the procedure.  I had some issues with nausea but not uncommon for me with anesthesia.  I also took the whole 6 weeks off of work.  I could have returned once the 5th week rolled around but decided to go with the 6 and just rest up.  I was pretty low on energy.  It took a little while to feel like I wasn't so tired all the time.  I feel great now.  4 1/2 months out. 55 lbs down.  I certainly feel better than before surgery.  I noticed immediately after surgery that I did not have that restriction from the band (even though I had no fluid in it)  I could drink water and not feel like it was slowing going down or stuck in my throat.

I am super glad it was all done at 1 time.  I would not have wanted to have 2 and my Dr actually said she preferred doing it all at once as long as there was no trouble once she got in to remove the band.

sfayad
on 1/14/16 4:23 pm - Canada

Thanks for your reply and kind words. I'm so glad all worked out well for you. 

You have worked too hard to fail. 

Im having surgery Jan 25 , yes in 9 days and can not wait. The plan is to do both the band and the RNY at once and avoid doing 2 surgeries. 

I wish you joy and happiness in your weight loss journey 

Simon 

forabetterlife
on 1/12/16 7:57 pm

I had my band done in 2009 I have had a lot of problems with acid reflux and my band slipping I was told my band malfunctioned and they emptied it. I am now scheduled to have my band out 1/18/16 then will have rny done in 6 months. The doctors here in Maine will not do a revision all in 1 surgery must be 2.

sfayad
on 1/12/16 8:09 pm - Canada

Wow that really sucks. 

Its like doing everything twice. My dr wanted to remove the band and then in 8-10 weeks return to do the RNY

i made it very clear to my dr. That I was not pleased with this and he then changed his mind and said he would do it providing there were no complications. 

To do all that twice really sucks. 

Im booked  to have the band out and revision Jan 25 

and yes I can Hardly wait. 

Why does your dr want to wait 6 months 

best of luck my friend. Good luck

simon

Most Active