REVISION #2 is this allowed? possible? desperate?

daizygurl27
on 10/28/15 10:02 am - Shinnston, WV

Hey all it's been forever and a day since I've been here!! I had lapband in 2007 it did not work for me. I threw up every meal regardless of the fill and I gained an additional 35lbs.

I had a REVISION to RNY gastric bypass in 2011 and I lost over 150 plus. I have lupus and they've had me on oral steriods and injections and I've gained back 60lbs and cannot get it off. Has anyone had a 2nd REVISION and if so can you help guide me with some of these questions?

1. What Revision from gastric bypass? (aside lapband)

2. Did insurance approve? ( i have federal bc/bs)

3. What were the requirements

4. I was looking into the Duodonal switch but was not sure if it's even possible especially insurance wise

Thank you in advance!!!! I always loved it here......everyone was always so helpful!!!

Melissa :)

Be the first to leave a comment.

Whit
on 10/28/15 8:37 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hello,

I revised from RNY to DS almost 3 years ago it really is the best and I think only option for RNY WLS people.

1. RNY to DS
  2. Yes I had Anthum BC and Tricare. Both covered.
  3. If deemed medically necessary. It was I had marginal ulcers, never reached normal BMI, and dumping.
  4. You need to check with your insurance. Dr. K's insurance dept. did that for me after I had my initial consultation.

Good luck

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Chickenboob
on 10/30/15 7:09 pm - Rockland, Canada

I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope you find a solution... It would give me some hope as well!

best wishes,

K

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

pittia
on 10/30/15 8:56 pm - Canton, GA

I am exactly where you are with the same insurance. I suggest you visit bariatricfacts.org/forums/ there is a revision sections n that is very informative. Just remember there are only a VERY select few surgeons that perform this surgery. You will find a complete list of them there and tons of info. Good luck.

jason_said
on 11/2/15 6:33 am

Hello, I had RNY bypass in 1998 and my insurance company is covering a revision to Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch. I have independent health insurance in NY state.

PTNQT2001
on 11/2/15 8:19 am

Hi Jason - Can I pull some information from you. I had the Lap band in 2007, revision to VSG 2010 and I'm in the process of now looking at revision to RNY since my doctor said in Upstate, NY no one has the needed skills to perform the BPD-DS in my area and to properly manage the care behind it. Please what are your thoughts on this subject?

MsBatt
on 11/8/15 5:35 pm

Many, many people travel half-way around the world to get the DS.I've never heard anyone say they regretted it.

Most Active