revision

Lora Leach
on 9/23/15 7:25 am - Goreville, IL

Good Morning to all! I am 10 yrs post op and am going to look into a revision as I have gained almost all my weight back that I lost. For the last 5 yrs or so, when I eat, I am hungry within 20 minutes. And I always eat my protein first as to keep myself full. And I can eat wayyyyy more than your average bypass pt. Also, when I had my surgery, my beginning weight was 400.. I only lost 120lbs and it took me a longgg time to lose that, even with being active, exercising, eating right,etc.

What I am wondering, is I have illinois medicaid.. will they pay for a revision if the dr says I need to have one done? Im in the process of getting a referral from my PCP as thats where I was told to start. Anyone that has been through this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

ShebasMom
on 9/28/15 4:09 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I have NC-BCBS and having difficulty getting approval. I've been denied twice (March and May).This journey began last Oct and I am on my second diet. It was suggested by my new surgeon (my former surgeon moved). With my rny in 2011, I lost 126 lbs slowly (26 before surgery) stopped losing weight at 18 months and began gaining weight at 24 months. Back in December I had my resting metabolic weight checked and it said I needed 1450-1500 calories to maintain 232 lbs! I now weight 256 and not losing weight on a 1250 calorie diet. (The scale I weight on at surgeons does RMR and it said I need 1800 calories to maintain weight. The dietitian decided a one pound a week loss was the goal and that is how my calorie goal was made). My pouch still has restriction and I can eat about 10 oz of food. 

Now that's my story, so on to you. Is there someone with your IL medicaid that you can call to see if they do revisions? (I called my insurance) Do you have a bariatric surgeon? What type of revision are you looking at? (I'm looking at DS) I am using my PCP for my supervised diet (required by my insurance). Do you have any co-morbities? What is your BMI? (mine is now 40).  I'm hoping others will join in.

Donna

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

MsBatt
on 9/30/15 3:29 am

At 400 pounds, you *probably* needed a DS to start with. I'd suggest finding a surgeon who does the true RNY-to-DS revision. He'd be your bet help in getting approval. Unlike the RNY, the DS actually changes your metabolism permanently.

Most Active