question about 2 weeks post op

nininn
on 9/22/15 5:54 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

I have a question...I am having a revision done (my band has been out for a couple of years due to erosion) and going to RNY.  I am having my RNY on 11/2.  My daughter's birthday is 2 weeks later.  I want to have a kids party for her at a bouncy house place (obviously I won't be bouncing..LOL)

My question is with this being a longer surgery because of the scar tissue, etc he may run into does anyone think I will be up for hosting a birthday party for my daughter 2 weeks after?   It would only be for a couple of hours and would have to booked soon.  I don't want to ruin her birthday but I also want to be there to host it.

Thanks for any input!!!

"slow and steady wins the race..."

HKT53
on 9/22/15 6:40 pm - Toronto, Canada

Go ahead plan for the party. I had reckon to RNY on July 10th. The surgery was long because of all the scar tissue my surgeon had to separate both my pancreas and liver from my stomach. The point is...two weeks later I went to my nephew's wedding and helped my husband with the photography of the entire day. A couple of hours and don't go into the bouncy house and you will really be glad you made her a happy birthday.  My birthday is on Nov 15 ...can I come too. I love bouncy house palace, its my 62nd bday.

Best wishes for your speedy recovery. 

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

HKT53
on 9/22/15 6:41 pm - Toronto, Canada

Sorry that word was not supposed to be reckon .. it was supposed to be revision

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

nininn
on 9/22/15 8:50 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

If you were close or want to fly in you are more than welcome...it is going to be with a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds though!  But I am sure after surgery you can probably keep up with them!  I can't wait to be able to go in the bouncy houses and slides and not think I am going to pop them ( I know I wouldn't but embarassed as all heck)  LOL

HKT53
on 9/22/15 8:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

I wont be crashing the party...but kids really get a kick out of me, especially 3 and 4 year olds. Your daughter needs to know you are fine, best way to show her is go with the party. Seriously, you will be fine, follow the rules bring water and protein shake.

nininn
on 9/22/15 9:04 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

haha, if you were closer I would tell you to join!!  Thanks so much!  I don't know how she will handle me being in the hospital for a few days...gives me anxiety being away from her...

HKT53
on 9/22/15 9:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

I know what you mean...cant stand when my 3 yr old grand daughter is away too long. But I bet the time will fly by for her if she has the movie Frozen. I was playing dressup princess with my grand doughter three days home from the hospital. A little swollen but we sang songs and laughed.

Chickenboob
on 9/23/15 2:00 am - Rockland, Canada

It's also ok to get support from a friend or family member to help with the hosting duties. I  once hosted Christmas 15 days after a C-section.... LOL i would never do it again, but my Mom was there and she supported me and a good time was had by all.

Good luck and have fun!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Hislady
on 9/23/15 8:06 pm - Vancouver, WA

I would definatly make sure you have a helper because as good as the OP felt I've also known revisions where at 2 weeks they were just barely able to get out of bed. Everyone is so different and you don't want to push too hard especially with really little ones because you won't be able to pick them up at all. I hope it all works out!

Lisa09
on 9/24/15 7:19 pm - NH

I'd plan on having all food there, catered, or delivered.  Reduce what you think you'll be able to do to just being a happy mommy. Maybe get the gift ready and wrapped before surgery. It's ok not to be supermom this time.

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

Most Active