Having troubles in Texas finding a ROSE surgeon.

CrowninTX
on 9/1/15 9:16 am - Georgetown, TX

I have searched the forums, googled, and made 10's of calls and still haven't been able to locate a surgeon in Texas that performs the ROSE revision surgery.  Posting here in hopes someone might know a surgeon doing the ROSE in Texas and would share the info with me. 

Thanks SOOO much!!

HKT53
on 9/1/15 1:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

I just found it very odd. I searched forums to find out what ROSE surgery was and last discussion to the very day is four years ago. Look it up there is two pages of dialog about this type of surgery. 

Follow the research

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

CrowninTX
on 9/9/15 10:28 am - Georgetown, TX

I'd love to "follow the research"  Would you share a link to this discussion thread of which you refer?  I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks again!

HKT53
on 9/9/15 10:48 am - Toronto, Canada

Along the blue bar at top of page (Starting with Obesity Help...Forums...Photos) if you look over to your right you will see a magnify (circle with stick almost like a the letter Q) Hit that key and you will get a window. Type in search ROSE surgery. Note what others are telling you is the same in the files 4 years ago. This is not a recommended surgery. Follow the research.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Hislady
on 9/1/15 7:54 pm - Vancouver, WA

Probably because ROSE and STOMAPHYX neither one is a good surgery. You may lose 20-30 lbs but will regain again right away.

carlak
on 9/3/15 11:58 am - Bradenton, FL

I'm going for a consult on the Rose procedure on October 2

I live in Florida and I'm seeing a surgeon in Chicago.

My stoma is enlarged but I haven't gained any weight. 

image hosting site

cher22
on 9/28/15 3:30 pm - Oak Park, IL

The ROSE is new and improved and called the APOLLO OVERSTITCH ! I will be having the Apollo on Oct 28 ! Took me a year to be approved ! 

But finally its on it way !! 

Zee Starrlite
on 9/3/15 1:02 pm

The ROSE procedure has been proven to be an utter FAILURE!  Good you can't find a surgeon to take your money and run!

Best,

L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MsBatt
on 9/30/15 3:33 am

None of the current stoma-reducing procedures work very well, but the best among them is the Apollo Overstitch. (Still not great, though, and too new to have a lot of long-term data.) However, there is an excellent RNY-to-DS revision surgeon in Texas named Dr. Ayoola. He has more than one office I believe, since Texas is such a big state.

Most Active