SIPPS a new weight loss surgery???

janinemarie
on 7/17/15 7:19 pm

Hello, I'm new to this board and really enjoy reading everyone's posts, its so helpful.  I had my sleeve in 2010 and have regained almost 35 pounds of the 90 I lost.  My doctor discussed with me about a conversion to SIPPS because RNY is not giving the best results.  SIPPS is something like the ds but not as extreme.  I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of it or has done it?  Also if its not covered by insurance I won't be able to do it.  From what I'm reading,  people seem to do good converting from the sleeve to RNY.  Just wondering what people think of this, I really need advice asap.  I'm hoping for my surgery in the next few months. Thank you so much.

Butterfli2005
on 7/18/15 7:38 pm

I have never heard of the SIPPS before. Exactly what it is?

janinemarie
on 7/19/15 6:22 pm

I copied and pasted this;

Mitchell Roslin, MD: SIPS is a modified duodenal switch, which was given its name by myself and Dr. Daniel Cottam in Utah. It involves the formation of a sleeve gastrectomy that is slightly larger than our usual sleeve, with an attachment placed beneath the pyloric valve, which controls emptying of the stomach into the mid gut, located three meters from the terminal ileum.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/20/15 2:04 pm

I would consider SIPPS before RNY.  Maybe even making the sleeve smaller - revision. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ShebasMom
on 7/27/15 3:16 am, edited 7/27/15 3:19 am
Revision on 07/05/16
ShebasMom
on 7/27/15 3:22 am, edited 7/27/15 3:24 am
Revision on 07/05/16

There is a private FB page on SIPPS. I suggest you go and join the page and see the posts. SIPPS is still in the investigational stages.

I am having issues posting my complete message, it only post the above comment.

Seabreeze06
on 7/31/15 12:51 pm

Ive been trying to find that page would you please post the actual name because I've looked under SIPS and SIPPS and have yet to find one page devoted to this surgical procedure.  Thanks in advance for any insight.

ShebasMom
on 7/31/15 4:28 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

use search on FB and type in SIPS.  The first 3 listed are closed groups that you can join.

janinemarie
on 8/17/15 7:09 am

I barely see anything on the SIPPS, from the little I read, I'm not seeing to much results.  I think I will just be doing RNY and hopefully it help me lose the 70 pounds I need to lose.  My insurance won't pay for the ds and I'm sure it won't pay for SIPPS.  

Most Active