Your choice of Revision

mwoods1234
on 6/26/15 8:02 am

Hi I am new to this site and I am looking for advice. I currently have the lap band and I am needing to have it removed. I am considering a revision to another procedure at that time. I am curious to know for those of you that have had a revision what factors made you decide to your current weight loss procedure. Did you just do the research and decide on your own what surgery you wanted or was it all based on your Dr's advice? I am really interested in the long term success of the gastric sleeve. It seems to be relatively new and I haven't found a ton of information on people that were sleeved 5 plus years ago. Please share any experience or comments you have I welcome all opinions.

Thanks

Michelle

Hislady
on 6/26/15 7:28 pm - Vancouver, WA

If you haven't already post this on the sleeve forum there are plenty of vets there. The basic sleeve surgery has been done for over fifty years, it has been used for weight loss for quite some time now since it was the beginning step of the DS. It will work as long as you work it. If you eat properly it will last you a life time.

tlpldy
on 6/29/15 7:56 am

I got the sleeve in 2012.  I know that I am less than 5 years out, but I can tell you my experience.

I am currently looking to have a revision done to a RNY.  I have bad reflux and heartburn that cannot be resolved.  I lost significant weight, but did not get near my goal.  I probably lost about 50 percent of excess. 

Most Active