Revision Surgery Needed

Zee Starrlite
on 11/18/15 8:37 am, edited 11/18/15 12:38 am

If you are steadily gaining weight even if you are "working out" then you are more than likely "overeating".

"obviously i've been taking care of myself because the pouch is of normal size, it just anatomy changes within the stoma"   -  it seems for most everyone that is usually the stoma that stretches and not the pouch.

I wish you well.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Beckmo
on 11/18/15 4:29 pm - Mesa, AZ

My update is... my ins. would not cover the 'Band over Bypass' as they say it was "experimental and investigative".  I got a revision from the gastric bypass to the duodenal switch the end of July.  Surgery and recovery has gone very well (once I got the pain under control). To date I have lost 41 lbs.  I feel for me this was the best decision I have made.  I love the food choices. I love that I can now use NSAIDs for my fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc.  I am very grateful to have been able to have had this revision to the DS. It was the right decision for me.

Beckmo

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/19/15 12:12 pm

I replied to you above, before reading all the way through and seeing you had your revision. I'm glad you are feeling better and doing well!

I'm a DSer as well, and will admit that before surgery my eating was very disordered and many fasts, fad diets and anorexia only messed up my metabolism even more. I stressed on every gram of fat worrying about calories and while eating had become an unpleasant obsessive thing, I'd also honed my metabolism to a super efficient level I'd never overcome. 

Now, it's wonderful going into the holidays knowing I can have whipped cream on my dessert (gosh, and even have a dessert!!!) or some fatty gravy on my turkey and not ruining the holiday hating myself for it. I hope you enjoy some of your new food freedoms during the upcoming holidays!!

Most Active