I WAS APPROVED BY MY INSURANCE FOR A RNY to DS REVISION WITH DR. K !!!

shona67
on 3/11/15 1:06 pm - Lancaster, TX

The surgery & pain was the exact same as the gastric by pass that I had done December 2005. Now what I'm curious about is the life afterwards of the eating, vitamins etc bid I don't know of anyone that has the dudoneal switch. So far so good, I'm still recovering though

Douglas R.
on 3/11/15 2:05 pm

Thanks. Was your RNY open or lap? What about the revision?  Are you able to swallow pills, eat?  Did you have a feeding tube?  My Dr. Puts in a feeding tube as he said the old stomach and pyloric valve needs to wake up and you may have nausea. What is your experience?

shona67
on 3/12/15 12:42 am - Lancaster, TX
Mine was lap, no Im not able to swallow pills yet, I do chewables along with pill crusher or opening capsules. No I Dnt have a feeding tube nor was I offered one by Dr Barker. I have not been nausea Inwhich i was with the gastric. So far in in week 2 and I'm good premier protein is my friend I love them. I'm tired of soup though.
Scherrie Tappin
on 3/23/15 4:53 am - CT

I am almost 4 years out as of May 25, 2011. 

I have gained back approximately 22 pounds, and I feel really uncomfortable in my clothes. 

I cannot go back to the way I was, it is not an option!

Can anyone tell me what the revision entails in terms of surgery, length of recovery, and such?

Thank you.

RNY 5/25/2011                        
Most Active