Revision

maimi
on 3/4/15 9:35 am, edited 3/4/15 9:37 am - LA

Today I went to the original surgeon that did the original GBP.I hoping to do revision. OMG!! I have signa an they want at least 4 month.

1.Go on a supervise diet with my Internal medial doctor.

2.See a dietitian  one a month to monitor my diet.

3.Go to a exercise  physiology  class once a month for the net 4 month.

The after all of that my insurance will see if the approve me.

They did my pouch test it was enlarged  and have hiatal.

hernia

I had the initial one with no problem 11 years ago and have manage to keep 57 pounds loss.

Anyone had problems with SIGNA PPO in Louisiana

ShebasMom
on 3/4/15 3:06 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I don't have SIGNA. I have BCBS and had most of the requirements you have.  I been in this process, since early Oct. I haven't seen the psychologist yet.  After she submits the paperwork for the OK on surgery, the surgeon will still need to submit a request to my insurance company.  I got a call last week from his nurse, making sure I understand that I may get rejected. That knocked the wind out of my sails. I'll just have to pray that they will pay for my revision. 

Kathy7631
on 3/5/15 8:53 am - Vero Beach, FL

I am new to this forum. I have BC...Florida Blue...they have a stipulation of "1 bariatric surgery per lifetime". Does not matter when, where, what Ins. paid... they will not bend. I have decided to go to Mexico. The irony is that I work in a Hospital with a Bariatric program, I have a disconnected port with the lapband, they did not want to hear about "mechanical malfunction", or continuation of care".  Just be prepared for the worst, but hope & pray for good news.

jalivia2
on 3/5/15 2:38 am - Spring, TX

I have United Healthcare and have the same requirements as you with the exception of the the exercise physiology class.  Instead of that class I have to have a psychiatric evaluation.

jackfre
on 3/5/15 3:16 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

I have Qualcare, I saw MD first time for revision discussion on 2/20.  I had the lap band in 2007.  Over the last few years I gained back about 85% of what I lost and had a lot of issues with the band.   I have done multiple diets, WW, my fitness pal, atkins, etc. over the past 2 years and showed proof, I saw the psych dr on Monday and was approved today, I am scheduled for surgery on 3/26.  I can't believe that the process was so quick.  I thought that the revision approval was easier than the initial for the band.  Will they take prior weight loss attempts into consideration?  Good luck in your journey.

Jackie

Most Active