Conversion from RNY to DS?

Andie
on 1/4/15 3:37 am - FRANKFORT, OH

I just read your profile and it is very informative.  Seems that it has not been an easy journey for you either,,,My first surgery was a 7 month nightmare, but after that things were pretty great.  I had TPN feedings for months (tube in arm), was that what you had or a different type of feeding tube?  Also when you had your leak was it resolved with a lap surgery or did you have to be opened up again?  I am asking this because it took my hysterectomy incision months to heal due to the sagging skin.  I had ovarian cancer after bypass and was told that if I had not lost the weight (230 lbs) that they would not have found it in the early stage, so even more reason to be happy even though it was not an easy road.  Thank you for all the info.

babs71958
on 1/6/15 12:03 pm - Brunswick,OH/Ruskin/FL, FL

I am also considering a RNY to DS revision with Dr. K. in CA.  For self- pay patients, the price I got from his office is $28,500.  Covers everything - to be paid to Dr.'s office, they will send appropriate fees to hospital.  Travel and lodging for 10-14 days is patient's responsibility. Unfortunately, I am not able to get the money together anytime soon, due to a re-occurring back injury and mega doses of steroid injections.

Good luck with your journey.  

Barb 

Desperately Seeking a revision to a DS.
Be  careful of the toes you step on today because they will be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

Andie
on 1/6/15 1:11 pm - FRANKFORT, OH

Are you in Brunswick, Ohio...is there anyway that you can pick up the Obama Care ins that would cover this....I so wish there was a surgeon with his abilities in Ohio....I had back surgery last year after years of major suffering and it helped very little, I still can barely walk...the pain is a bit better, but not what I had hoped for...on the other hand my husband had it about 5 yrs ago and is a new man, so it is what it is...I am really nervous about this next surgery, but really need it, so....   Today, I started drinking more water and trying to get off diet Mt Dew, so hopefully headed in the right direction.

NJTransplant15
on 1/14/15 8:43 am - Speedway, IN

theres some competent docs in indianapolis--you should check them out.

Andie
on 1/14/15 2:03 pm - FRANKFORT, OH

Do you mind giving me their names...I didn't see anyone on the short list in Indianapolis area....thanks

Most Active