Revision?

DizLisie
on 9/25/14 6:12 am

I am so nervous!! I had my GBP surgery 10yrs ago. I was 340lbs, in these 10yrs my lowest has been 214. I had a baby last year and I am now 265. Im still gaining! I have never been able to eat rice nor red meat.. suddenly now rice doesn't make me sick. 
Went to my Dr and he believes my pouch has dialated. I also have been having pain. Like when you eat tooo much and you double over. Like that. He think its time for a revision. He set me up with UGI and other pre-op work up.

Im so nervous! He believes I can get below 200 with the revision if I follow the "rules". I really need to hear some revision feed back.

How was yours? 

Recovery time?

Did you have a toddler.. how was it during recovery?

How much weight loss? 

Worst or better than the first one ( pain wise, recovery time, complications...)

My first time.. was horrible the first few days. I couldnt sleep, I woke up every 15min. I chose not to take pain pills because I hated the feel of them. I think this time.. ill take them and let them knock me out. After the first week.. I didnt want to eat. I think the first month is hard then its smooth sailing once the weight starts coming off you adjust. Life changing. Id do it again ( as I am now!) Just worried.

Lisie

Quanita L.
on 10/7/14 1:55 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

Hi Lisie,

I haven't had revision surgery yet.  I just wanted to suggest that maybe you tell your surgeon that you didn't tolerate those pain meds well. Maybe there are different options that can also zonk you out, decrease the pain and not make you feel icky.  I loved my pain meds - but I know someone who had the same meds for a different surgery and he hated them it made him feel like all the doctors and nurses were standing around talking about him, he was scared out of his mind.

Congratulations on your baby and your decision, I'll be waiting to here what kind of responses others give you too.

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

nina144
on 10/8/14 4:43 am

i am reading your post and i can relate. i am 13 years out and going to a dr at UCLA next month to see if he can help. i am reading about this Endoscope stitch revision. may i ask what type of revision you will have?

my original was RNY Lap 12/27/2001.  i am so disappointed at myself its back to the beginning frustration and dieting all over again and i cant stand it. my email is

[email protected]  thank you , nina

Most Active