Sleeve to RNY

kwashington09
on 9/16/14 9:57 am

Hi I Was Sleeved In 2011, Lost Around 100 Pounds To 155. two Years Later I Started Having Lots OfIssues With MyStomach. AfterSeeing A Different Surgeon It Was Discovered MyStomach Was Shaped Like An Hour Glass AndTwisted. I Had My Revision To Rny On 9/8/14 So FaR It's Going Well. The Diet Is More Strict And Even Liquid medicine With Sugar Upsets MyStomach. But IDo Feel I Will Be Successful. Down 12 PoundsThe First Week. Have Confidence In Yourself AndYou Will BeSuccessful

bublegirl1
on 9/16/14 11:51 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Thank you for the kind words as they mean a lot to me. Did you end up having regain after the two years? So glad you are doing well and were able to get that corrected! Please keep in touch! 

-Amie

kwashington09
on 9/17/14 6:37 am

Yes I Regained 65 Of The 100 I Lost

bublegirl1
on 9/17/14 7:06 am
RNY on 11/10/14

That's frustrating! I know the feeling! BUT we didn't gain it all back right?! :)

-Amie

Artsong
on 10/18/14 7:36 am
VSG on 09/26/12

I was sleeved 9/26/12 lost all of 365 and have what we thing is  horrible GERD now. I've just started all the foot work to get the RNY :) just need a edg in a few weeks then off with the paper work. There's is a awesome facebook group I'm in with all revision ppl of you want to join yiu can send a request :)  Bariatric Revision and Regain Support 

bublegirl1
on 10/18/14 8:02 am
RNY on 11/10/14

I will check it out. Thanks and good luck to you with your revision! 

-Amie

Whit
on 10/18/14 1:04 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I had and still have terrible Acid Reflux from my RNY. With RNY I also had debilitating dumping. Dumping is not good. Some way oh I hope I get it so it keeps me from eating sugar. Ridiculous. Revising to DS fixed dumping but the acid is still a daily occurrence. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

bublegirl1
on 10/18/14 1:07 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Not sure why it's ridiculous for someone to want something to help them stay accountable. Eating laege amounts of it isn't good for anyone so if that helps them then I think that's ok. Not everything works for every person. We all have our own battles. 

-Amie

Whit
on 10/19/14 4:04 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Do you have or know anyone with true dumping syndrome? Are they happy they have it? In my opinion having this will not hold a person accountable. If I'm wrong then I have no problem saying so. But only a person who does not have it could say they want it. It is possible out eat it just like any WLS. Like I said good luck. RNY did not work for me hopefully it will for you. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

cotten77
on 10/19/14 6:57 am - Tahlequah, OK

Hi bublegirl! I wAs sleeved 9/08, lost close to 100 pounds and gained 70 back. Ugh! I just received word my insurance company has approved my revision to RNY! I plan to have it next month sometime. I'm trying to be really proactive about eating healthy/vitamins, etc. Good luck to u! 

Most Active