RNY Revision

BeckyJeanJellyBean
on 6/16/14 9:34 am

Hi everyone.  I have not seen very much information about the kind of revision I just had here or other places on the web so I thought I'd share some of my story and hope that someone out there might be able to at least commiserate with me.  I'm Becky, I had my RNY 5/2005.  I lost 90 lbs and was looking and feeling well.  I made the mistake of finishing off a bottle of beer I was cooking with and instantly-no exaggeration-became addicted to alcohol.  Yes, it runs in my family, between father's family and mother's side, I didn't stand a chance.  So here it is 2014 and I gained every single pound I lost EVEN when I screamed and ranted and raged at my drinking.  I finally got help and with the grace of God am sober.  Sooo all that to say I had a revision to my original surgery last week.  It was laproscopic-big difference in recovery over open-and here I am on the other side.  HAHA came home from the hospital having GAINED 8 lbs from all the fluids they pumped into me!  My surgeon said he bypassed 60% of my small intestine and I guess I didn't have alot for him to work with.  He said he was happy with it but shoot, I hope it works.  Gas pains are a big crazy, and I can't eat fat-lowfat diet forever from here on out.  Bad bad things happen in the bathroom if I eat too much fat!  Has anyone else had this kind of revision?  I do have a sweet buddy here and she had the same surgeon and procedure but she had much more intestine to work with. I'd be glad to compare notes with anyone who has!

Becky Jean

Roni W.
on 6/16/14 9:06 pm - Forty Fort, PA

Hi Becky!   Wow you've been through a lot, congrats on hanging in there and getting back on track!

im getting ready to have a revision, but mine is because my original surgeon only stapled my pouch, he didn't make the cut to separate the remnant stomach from the pouch.......therefore, I still always feel hungry and Ghrelin production never slowed. I've regained about 30 pounds, and only got to 30 pounds above my goal to start with, so I need to lose about 60 pounds!

I will be anxious to read other responses to your post and see others stories who have been through similar problems.

just wanted to say Good Luck and don't give up! You've come so far already, success can't be far away!

((((((((hugs)))))))))

roni :)

Roni in PA :)
"Those hairline cracks running through me are stronger than your wholeness. Every stitch on me represents an obstacle I've overcome."
                                                    gu siorraidhbrath

Whit
on 6/18/14 2:11 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi Becky Jean,

What did you revise to? I revised from RNY to DS.  I only weighed at the Dr's office until the third month. I wish you well and hope your recovery is speedy and surgery successful.

Best

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active