Reversing Gastric Bypass

violinlover
on 4/27/14 5:23 am - Warlingham, UK

HI, I am in UK

I had a gastric band, then 3 years later revised to R&Y (in october 2008), now I am nearly 6 years post my gastric bypass.

I'll cut a long story very short, but basically with the bypass I only ever lost 20lbs or so.  I have since lost more weight but only as I discovered why I have suffered ill health for so many years, I am hypothyroid and have pernicious anaemia, both conditions were afflicting me for YEARS but they were only diagnosed 'after' the bypass.

Now that I have discovered, learnt a lot and addressed my chronic conditions I am now left 'struggling' with my bypass.

I have to eat triple the fat everyone else eats as I malabsorb it so much, I have to constantly take 3 times the dose of vitamins/minerals as anyone else and I have severe problems with vitamin D, have to take 10000iu daily to stay in normal range.

I have been eating a LCHF low carb high fat diet for the past 3 years and I struggle to eat 'enough' fat!!!

Anyway,

considering reversal of bypass, I know a good surgeon in UK, not sure I can afford it of course, but wanted to know if you have any friends/neighbours/acquaintances who had the reversal, pass on any experience, information you might have?

thank you for being kind and understanding, I am not posting to hear why I should not do it (anyway have not made up my mind but have been thinking about it for a year now) or for people to challenge my thoughts, I just want to hear others experiences and info.

Most Active