Tricare revision?

SuzinDallas
on 4/29/14 12:55 pm
On April 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM Pacific Time, 56sunShine14 wrote:

"i just thought it was honestly part of being banded" - that is because it IS part of being banded, but it isn't supposed to be.  Unless you are not following band rules.  I was banded in 07 and have had trouble all along.  Most of the 79 pounds I had lost was done via vomiting.

After reading these posts, I am becoming increasingly worried about whether my band take down is going to be approved, I have CHAMPVA.  It isn't Tricare as that is for active duty and retired + family where mine is for military survivors, spouses, etc.  I need to call my surgeons office and see where they are but it has only been 2 weeks so it may be too soon.  I did not know to keep all these records and document everything because I to thought everything was just typical band related stuff.  I wasn't on these boards to know any differently , probably just like you.

I didn't keep any of my stuff either.   I did was just called my various Dr's and Fill clinics and got copies of my medical records. I had to sign a release of course but most were able to send them over fax or email immediately.  Once I had them I scanned them and saved copies for my own records.

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

beautiful24
on 4/24/14 12:54 pm

Let us know I am in the process as well with tricare and I hope I get approve 

Kennerknecht
on 4/29/14 11:59 am

I was denied, i called their line, i dont have my denial paper yet to see the exact reason but i should receive it by the end of the week, and then i will be starting the appeal process because im pretty much going to fight over this until they approve it or i can see if i can get to an on post dr/hospital and get it done. :( im pretty bummed, but not defeated and will have a long road ahead of me, i started journaling everything i eat and using MFP again. I will be making lots of dr appointments coming up soon to make sure all weightloss issues are documented, i've moved so much that i believe part of my records were lost and affected my long term tracking. 

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

beautiful24
on 4/29/14 12:32 pm

I hope it works out. I am in the process and if I get denied that's fine I just want it out. I am always sick and in pain 

SuzinDallas
on 4/29/14 12:34 pm

I'm sorry, that's tough news to hear.  I am glad that you're taking it well and continuing to move forward with the process and try to make it happen!  Good luck!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Most Active