Lap Band to ?

LeenaB
on 4/22/14 5:28 am

My recovery overall has been easier than when the band was installed.  My incisions are healing, and I'm back to solid foods (no meat as I'm a vegetarian).  I did end up with a swollen uvula from the breathing tube.  And have now developed a rash, which my doctor believes is stress induced.  I've been back at the gym for 2 weeks now.  I'm still not healed enough to take a bath, but hope that happens in the next week or two. 

The good: I can drink water and eat without pain, gerd or bloating.  I also sleep through the night, which doesn't sound impressive but it's been almost a year since I slept through the night for nights in a row.

pineview01
on 4/21/14 3:10 pm - Davison, MI

Considering how well you did with your band, you will do great with a sleeve.  I had the band and have lost twice as much with the sleeve.  I have posted on LBT and they live in a fantasy world and don't want to hear from those of us that had problems.  I had my band removed and than was sleeved 4.5 months later and NO complications at all.  The sleeve surgery was a walk in the park after the band and band removal surgery.  They made me stay two nights and I would have rather gone home.  I only stayed one night with the band and was in worse shape.

My vote based on how well you did would be the sleeve to avoid the issues from mal-absorption.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active