Plateau 7 weeks post op Lapband to GS with DS Revision

CharityJones
on 4/1/14 2:30 am

Hi My name is Charity,

I am 7 weeks post op a revision from lapband to gastric sleeve with duodenal switch revision. Things have been stellar for the first 5 weeks other than the usual recovery discomfort etc...Weight loss was going good until the last 2 weeks. I have hit a plateau already?? I lost 1.8lbs last week and week i weigh exactly what i weighed last week 196.4 to the ounce. Is it normal to hit a plateau this soon after surgery? I must say its extremely frustrating. I keep my carbs under 50 or lower and my sugars under 15 everyday. i use my fitness pal religiously and keep track of everything except sauces, i use a little peanut or bbq sauce on my chicken or tofu i also eat serrano ham or crab with mustard and a little veganaise but my calories for food throughout the day is never over 700 so even tho i dont ad the small amount of sauce that i have how is it possible to plateau. I take all my vitamins drink tons of water. I always eat protein first and i'm barely getting in enough calories even after the sauces to gain weight. 

I did ad exercise last week since i finally could but i'm starting slow, walking and doing some abs and lower body to start. 

I dont eat sugar, pasta, bread, rice hardly any veggies an no fruit yet because frankly i can only get in about 3 ounces at a time so i stick with protein , chicken, sashimi, crab, tofu, meatless soy based meat options, serrano ham , yogurt...... i dont understand how i could be plateauing.....

Is anyone else experiencing this, what should i do? is it something i'm doing wrong? help!

thanks for letting me vent 

Charity

Surgeon: Michel Gagner

Surgery: Feb 10 2014

HW: 287  POW:243  CW:196.4

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/1/14 3:53 am

You need to read labels, and count the sauces. I eat a lot of meat, but bbq is full of sugar, and so are most of my favorite sauces that I put on meat. My meals generally have almost no carbs from sugar, unless I use sauce.

Whit
on 4/1/14 3:04 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I am not sure what type of revision this is but the DS portion means you malabsorb. 700 calories is not enough food. Are you eating high fat and high protein? Stalls in weight loss happen to everyone. Your body may be holding on to what it can. You need to eat more food!

Look into how DS people eat. 

Good luck.

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

CharityJones
on 4/1/14 3:10 pm

i had a lapband that failed so i had it revised to a gastric sleeve with duodenal switch, getting in more than 500 calories is a struggle because of the amount of food i can eat and also how long i stay full , so getting in more calories is really difficult. I'm eating a very high protein diet , protein first and yes i eat healthy fats as well, but very little carbs less than 50 grams a day. so i feel like i'm doing what i'm supposed to , ive been reading the during the weight loss period most people are eating between 500 and 700 calories a day. but there doesnt seem to be as many posts or patients or info on the kind of surgery/revision that i had. so everything i a learning curve it feels like.

but any input is welcome and thank you for replying its definitely encouraging, this is really bumming me out :(

Charity

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/1/14 4:01 pm

If what you have is a sleeve with a DS, I suggest posting on the DS board. Some of the best informed peeps. 

But, like I said above, if you don't count sauces, you are kidding yourself about carbs. Sauces are one of the top contributors to sneaky carbs. 

Most Active