Band to sleeve surgery 24 hours from now. Getting nervous!!!

lovemyhorse
on 3/27/14 4:24 am

Finally, it's surgery day tomorrow. No thank you to Cigna, I'll be paying for it cash. Is it an odd sensation to be able to drink and eat without fighting the lap band? Getting very freaked out. Ive convinced myself I will have every complication!

happygurl429
on 3/28/14 12:11 am - Belleville, MI

Hi there.  Good luck to you on your revision today!  I am going to have my band to sleeve revision in a couple months.  I'd love to hear about your experience.  Please keep in touch.  Soon, you will be back on the losers bench! 

Christina

peanut16
on 3/28/14 10:21 am - Willow Spring, NC

I to getting my band on very soon like in one week April 9th is my day.  My band is doing the same thing to me.  Can't eat to much nor drink.  Problems on top of problems.  You are going to be great.  Please keep me updated on your progress.  I would love to know how things are going for you.

Peanut16

chicaletta
on 3/29/14 11:14 pm
VSG on 04/24/14

Hope all went well with your surgery and please post about the experience. I will also be getting my band removed and the sleeve surgery done on April 24th. 

lovemyhorse
on 4/2/14 2:52 am
lovemyhorse
on 4/2/14 7:55 am

Hi All

Well, I'm sleeved. I have to say, I have a low pain threshold and even though I had hernia fixed, 10+ year old slipped band cut out, and sleeve done, I had virtually no pain. The worst part was the general anesthesia that kicks your butt. I have been on full liquids for 4 days and have not had any pain swallowing, and no gas pain at all. Incisions are a little itchy and skin glue feels weird but I can deal with that. I have been drinking and eating protein soups like a crazy woman and here's weight loss just since Friday. 232 lbs pre surgery. 221 lbs today. 11lbs since Friday!!!! I'm not starving or anything. I've even gone to restaurants and had soup. Still lost 11lbs. Hopefully it will stay smooth sailing with no leaks but so far, I'm rocking. Thank you everyone for your support.

Most Active