Needing help

bamagirl2012
on 2/6/14 10:11 am - Leeds, AL

Hello everyone!! I'm new to this sight and I need some advice. I had lap band surgery September 2012. I'm down 116 pounds with about 15 to go. Staring in August of this year I started having a real bad pain on my left side and only when I sit. I have had numerous test,  ultrasounds, colonoscopy, sonagrams, X-rays.... Many more. No one can figure out what is wrong with me. I went to my lapband dr who thought maybe it was my port causing the pain. I had surgery to move it in December. I'm still having the pain. My insurance has just approved for me to have the sleeve now.  My question is : 1 has anyone every had this problem and 2 has anyone went from the band to the sleeve and how difderent is it?? Thanks in advance. Sorry soo long :)

DrAceves
on 2/7/14 10:02 am - Mexico
We have had  band patients experience this.  The cause of the pain could be several things so it is uncertain what  exactly   is causing yours.  For example,  It could be a referred pain from your band  tubing poking into the diaphragm  or someplace else,  referred pain from  the stitching where the  band is fixed into place, etc. It could also  be something different like a small hernia where the trocars went in,  for example.    Revisions patients  from band to sleeve do very well, weight loss is excellent and quality of life is better.    Best of luck with your surgery. 

Dr. Alberto Aceves

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-alberto-aceves/

bamagirl2012
on 2/7/14 10:51 am - Leeds, AL

Thank you! The pain is on my lower left side even with my belly button and sometimes I feel the pain in my back like someone's fingers are in the front and thumb in the back?? I only have it when I sit. Almost feels like a spasm. I'm at a loss ;(

Most Active