Revision ??

asrsrr
on 1/30/14 12:54 am - Hermitage, PA

could you tell me the name of your surgeon & where you had it done? i had my first surgery in Mexico, my 2nd in Pittsburgh where he made the pouch smaller. i only lost 15 pounds. I am back to where i was prior to the second surgery. my co-mobities have returned. my surgeon here in pittsburgh won't help me with the DS. I need help. i am 41 years old & don't want to die from my being overweight. I have 3 small kids that I don't want to leave behind.

When you had your DS - what kind of post medical help did you receive? Do they see you back in the office every so often or do you have to find a doctor in your local state to maintain you?

thanks - I'd appreciate any help or information that you could give me.

pineview01
on 1/29/14 6:49 am - Davison, MI

Yep the TECH doesn't know what they are talking about.  Go to the DS boards and educate yourself.  This is a big deal.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ItalianHeat
on 1/29/14 7:24 am

Thanks for all your feedback. I see the surgeon in February. - I am going through MGH in Boston, MA

The technician also said my pouch wasn't all that enlarged.  That wont look good for me when I see the surgeon. 

I have gained 75lbs and have the appetite of a bear. I will also be seeing a behavioral therapist as my eating is out of control. :(

I will keep you posted after I see the surgeon. Thanks again!

Most Active