Having the band removed and Sleeve revison

Michelle I.
on 1/6/14 12:30 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you for the input it really puts my mind at ease.  Off to shower sowe can head to the hospital.  And pineview thanks!  

Michelle I.
on 1/20/14 9:58 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Well Lisa98, how are you doing with your recovery?

K. Chism
on 1/6/14 12:54 am
VSG on 12/20/13

Good luck, Michelle!  You'll be fine.  I had a 2 week pre-op diet and opted to go on liquids for the last 2 days on my own . While it's never fun, I woke up from surgery (also a band to sleeve revision on 12/20/13) with no hunger whatsoever.  You'll be thrilled to get ice chips and liquids the first few days post-op and not even think about food.  It gets a bit tougher until you can move up to pureed foods, but it's well worth the wait. You can do it!  

Michelle I.
on 1/6/14 1:15 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thanks K.Chism!  I am really excited.  I never really "got" the band.  With all the fills and un-fills and reflux and foaming...blah!  I just hope the sleeve is not like that!  

pineview01
on 1/7/14 7:11 am - Davison, MI

I hear ya and the sleeve is nothing like the band.  I never "got" the band either and LOVE the sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Michelle I.
on 1/7/14 9:09 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Back from the hospital!  Band out and Sleeve done.  Don't feel great right now but then again its only been 24 hours. 

pineview01
on 1/8/14 5:18 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/14 6:25 pm
Revision on 01/07/14

Hi Michelle, how are you doing today?  My surgery went fine but I am pretty uncomfortable!

italiangal56
on 1/14/14 1:27 am - Cheektowaga, NY

I had the lap-band removed & my dr said he can't do the sleeve because of the staples on the stomach. He wants me to have GBypass don't they use staples when they make your stomach smaller with that besides rerouting?

Michelle I.
on 1/14/14 2:49 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

The staple issue to my understanding is because of scar tissue caused by the band.  The staples cannot go through it.  My doctor said Sleeve but couldn't guarantee it until he got in there.  I was lucky and woke up sleeved.  I would have went RNY if needed!  

Most Active