Dr. Manuel Castro?

Laura73
on 11/14/13 1:13 am

Anyone have revision experience with Dr. Castro? My insurance is pushing me to a specific hospital system and my PCP rec him. Not sure whether I can have sleeve fixed or will need RNY. Tired of stomach issues and pain.  Teetering on diagnosis of diabetes. I don't want to rush into a subpar surgeon but need to get the ball rolling. My PCP first suggested someone who I know is not a good fit for me. 

yvonne M.
on 11/22/13 2:36 am - garland, TX

Hi I'm not having a revision surgery but I feel like I need one. Would love to speak with you if you don't mind.

Laura73
on 11/22/13 10:53 am

Yvonne, 

Private message me if you'd like

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 4:44 am, edited 11/22/13 4:44 am

If you have a sleeve already why not revise to a DS? Go to vetted dr that has done thousands of revisions. They might do a modified sleeve shape to help with reflux.  There is a list of vetted surgeons.  Good luck. 

Laura73
on 11/22/13 10:49 am

I wanted to see a DS surgeon. I work for a hospital. My UHC policy limits bariatric surgery coverage to hospital in their system. 

thanks tho

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 3:06 pm

Oh that sucks. If you are a self pay I would go to a vetted surgeon. Thsnk God a website im on gave it to me straight cause had I used the first doctor I was approved with more than likely I would have died. It would have been totally free for me. I travelled to onevof the top surgeons in the world my hospital stay and surgery were free but the doctor has a 4000 program fee. It was worth it to me.  All the complications I had im sure the other doctor would have done the bare minimum.  Like the group told me I wouldn't just trust my guts to anyone!

Laura73
on 11/22/13 10:51 pm

I'm glad you found the right surgeon. It surprises me that there are so few DS surgeons. I know 3 people who've had Dr. Castro with good results. From what I've read, he's very experienced in sleeve and RNY revisions. He's just not a DS surgeon so that's probably not an option for me. My PCP initially referred me to a general surgeon who I know through work and I would not go to him for a sleeve much less a revision. My first surgeon, who I think is a jerk in addition to being dangerous, was recommended to me by a doctor who routinely sent her patients to him for general surgery. I worked with her and knew she was good at what she did so asked her opinion on local options. I'm hopeful that I'll ask the right questions and not be in a hurry like I was the first time around so that I went with the first surgeon I saw. I also hope being on here will help me. You mentioned another site- is that something you could message me?

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 11:02 pm

I messaged you privately

Most Active