Going in Crazy Circles - HELP - Band to... RNY or VSG?!?!?

jenharring
on 10/17/13 1:09 am - macon, GA
I have to agree, but I hate for it to do it to me after only one kiss. But like you said it is what it is. I have to just leave that in God's hands and he knows what I need and can handle.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/13 1:21 pm
On October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, QoftheU wrote:
Yes, but I've heard that only about 2/3 of people dump... if I'm not one them that's a Big Problem. I mean I understand I have to avoid sweets and simple carbs... I get it. But a guy at the support groups said even after ONE chocolate Kiss he got sick as a dog... and if I don't dump I can see that chocolate calling out to me on occasion! Oh well, it is what it is!

So, back to the original question: RNY or VSG?

No no no.... only 1/3 dump and even then, it usually doesn't last forever.

QoftheU
on 10/17/13 1:27 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Yes, I just read that today - argh! I guess all we can hope for is that if we dump, and it goes away someday, we are so trained not to eat sweets that it won't matter. Although, as with all addicts, it's a continual battle - my best friend has been in recovery from alcoholism for over 26 years... and she says that now it's just "not an option". I need to get that way to stay in recovery from this disease after surgery.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

pineview01
on 10/18/13 10:01 am, edited 10/18/13 10:02 am - Davison, MI
On October 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM Pacific Time, ldb1095 wrote: On October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, QoftheU wrote: Yes, but I've heard that only about 2/3 of people dump... if I'm not one them that's a Big Problem. I mean I understand I have to avoid sweets and simple carbs... I get it. But a guy at the support groups said even after ONE chocolate Kiss he got sick as a dog... and if I don't dump I can see that chocolate calling out to me on occasion! Oh well, it is what it is!

So, back to the original question: RNY or VSG?

No no no.... only 1/3 dump and even then, it usually doesn't last forever.

Idb is right only about 1/3 dump

I am 9 months out with a sleeve and have a sugar sensitivity.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

QoftheU
on 10/18/13 11:22 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
When you say a "sugar sensitivity" what does that mean? Did it develop immediately, over time, or? Do you get sick and puke or diarrhea? Sorry to get so graphic but I need to know everything I can from everyone to make this ginormous decision!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

pineview01
on 10/19/13 11:04 am - Davison, MI

It doesn't cause me to puke for sure. My days of puking with the band are over.  I also never slimmed.  My sister has with her sleeve.  It has been since the first time I had sugar.  I just get very queasy to the stomach and like a hot flash.  Just a very unpleasant feeling.  I haven't really paid attention to if that relates to any of my diarrhea issues or not.  Now you got me thinking I will have to keep track.

I just know I don't like the feeling and if I have more than a couple bites, I'll be sorry.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

QoftheU
on 10/20/13 12:49 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
So, not be too personal, but you know how it is here! You DO have diarrhea issues? Is it because of things you eat or just in general? To your knowledge is this a sleeve issue? I believe that RNY has a constipation issue. Just trying to figure out all the pros and cons of each. I am sooo going back and forth with each procedure that sometimes I'm wondering if I should just stay fat! :-0

pineview01
on 10/20/13 2:19 pm - Davison, MI

It isn't from the sleeve.  I had IBS pre weight loss surgery.  With the band I was constipated all the time unless I took something.  I have taken a daily stool softener since the band, but it is one of those you can take up to three a day all the time for everybody.  I take two.  My DD and sleeved sister don't have the bathroom issues I have.  

QoftheU
on 10/21/13 11:58 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Wow - that's a bummer! It seems to be one or the other huh? Since I've been banded I too have issues with constipation - to be honest I've always thought it was just the way I ate, not the band... never even considered it. But then I blame myself too much anyway. What stool softener are you taking? Oh, and what is a DD?
pineview01
on 10/21/13 12:19 pm - Davison, MI

The stool softener is Walgreens' compare to Colace active ingredient - Docusate Sodium!

DD = Darling daughter, she was sleeved 3 years ago!

Most Active