Anyone have DS revision?????

pineview01
on 10/18/13 1:05 pm - Davison, MI

That is very interesting as the sleeve in a DS was always made larger than the stand alone sleeve.  What size boogie was your sleeve?

My sister has a DS.  She wouldn't stop losing so they gave her the option of stretching her sleeve or changing the CC.  She choose stretching the sleeve.  The weight loss stopped and she is doing great and 7 years out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nicholivolkoff
on 10/18/13 9:42 pm - Canada

I really don't know what my boguie size was, but it was very stretched out at the time of the DS. I am having a hiatal hernia repair done, and my sleeve will be made smaller at the same time, some time in 2014. I really hope that helps!!

pineview01
on 10/19/13 11:35 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/23/13 10:38 am

"That is very interesting as the sleeve in a DS was always made larger than the stand alone sleeve".

Pine, it depends on the surgeon, and times have changed. My DS was over 5 years ago, and my surgeon makes the sleeves the same whether it's a DS or stand alone sleeve. Many surgeons do. 

sunshine1968
on 10/19/13 6:21 am

You might want to speak to some of the DS folks as it may be related to what you are eating.  The diet for a DSr is different than the sleeve folks. I have seen posts from many folks who were eating a low fat low cal diet and they struggled to lose  with the DS but when they up'd their protein and fat they started to lose. Some of the folks on the OH DS Family facebook page or on here may be able to help you figure it out.

nathsmommy
on 10/17/13 8:42 am - Baltimore, MD

what some some of the issues you had that made you do revision from rny? i ask because i am starting to have some problems   had my rny in 2009   thanks

Ladytazz
on 10/17/13 1:27 pm

I think the amount of restriction plays a large part in whether or not you have regain.  I managed to regain 100 lbs with a 100 cc common channel and I had a revision to a 200 cc common channel because of issues I was having.  I was told not to expect any weight loss but the surgeon also revised my sleeve (which was very large and never gave me any restriction) to a very small pouch.  I lost the 100 lbs plus 20 more and have been the same weight for over 2 years now.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Irishnurse
on 11/5/13 12:26 am
DS on 04/17/13

OP-This post has confused many people so you are getting information that really does not pertain to what you really want to know.

The OP has the DS already and is having his CC lengthened due to mal-nutrition. The OP wants to know if anyone else has had this done and if there is any weight regain. 

OP- you need to post this in the DS forum so you can get some information on what you really want to know. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active