MEXICO

tbone88
on 11/13/13 4:24 am - MO

I went to Tj, MX for my revision surgery and it was very safe....

My Dr was DR. Alejandro Lopez....hmmm What to say about him..I know don't use him. I was told that I would have my RNY revised to another RNY. I thoughtt he was going to resize my pouch and everything. Nope all he did was lengthen my Y channel of my intestine so I have more malabsorbtion. I was told by Dr Aceves that most MX drs only do that because they dont want to run into any complications and it is easier. Well now I have the problem of constant diarrhea. Anything and everything I eat comes shooting out after about an hour.

I went Monday here in the states and had an upper GI done. My GI doc said my pouch was extremely stretched out and it should have also been resized. I didnt have my surgery done here in the states because of Insurance. Now I am trying to get a reversal done here of what they did in MX.

I will admit that the care I received in MX was fantastic. Just my surgeon was an asshole who just took my money and ran. He has since benn dropped from the Alighterme.com company. Read as much as you can about the DR you chose. If possible talk with him by phone before you commit to anything. and make sure you are both on the same page concerning your surgery. Ask what kinds of test you can get done here in the states before you go (Upper GI, Barium swallow). one of my problems was they took me into surgery and did the endoscope and Dr lopez said my pouch was the perfect size and so was the opening into my intestine. Well come to find out they are both severly stretched. So I am out 9K for a surgery that was not done as promised.

Most Active