worst thing ever for recovery

motomama
on 9/25/13 1:22 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

On my last week of liquids and now for a whopper of a set back...stomach virus the vomiting kind...not a good thing when you are trying to recover from a band to RNY revision.  Now I am working hard just to keep ice chips down, so please say prayers and send positive thoughts my way, Please!  I've been on zofran for 2 days trying to not throw up so I am also dehydrated. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

Pixielf~*
on 9/25/13 2:18 am - in the forest........., MO
Revision on 09/30/13

Oh my....  is there anything else that they can do for you..that is SO not fun....  I would go into the drs. and even see if they can hang a bag of fluids for you...and they can give you IV meds for the nausea that will work a lot faster and have less stress on your new tummy.....    and the dehydration issues need to be addressed straight away.  You cannot heal well if you are dehydrated!

((hugs))

Anything WORTH having is WORTH working for !

Lisa O.
on 9/25/13 2:31 am - Snoqualmie, WA

I'm so sorry you are suffering!  That's no fun at all!

Keep doing the ice chips whatever hydration you can tolerate.

Prayers for a speed end to the flu!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

ohbearly
on 9/25/13 2:53 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

So sorry to hear. I know how hard it is to stay hydrated and get enough protein during those first weeks. A stomach virus has to be very bad news. Good luck on getting past it. Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Hislady
on 9/25/13 4:58 am - Vancouver, WA

Be sure to stay in close contact with your surgeon he may want to admit you to the hospital for a bit to make sure you stay hydrated and keep the vomiting to a minimum. Newly preop is very touchy territory so make sure he knows how much trouble you are having, as the OP said there are things that cn be done to make it easier on you!

lmbfmm
on 9/25/13 5:14 am

Oh no, that is terrible.  Stay in close contact with your doctors so they know how long it's lasting, what if anything you are keeping down, etc.

Prayers for a super speedy recovery.

Lisa

motomama
on 9/25/13 5:15 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Thank you all for your words of encouragement...thankfully I am keeping liquids down today!  YAY without taking the zofran so I am getting hydrated.  I've been in contact with me doc and they've told me all the signs to look for.  Thankfully between the zofran and a lot of mind over stomach I haven't thrown up too much.  I am sipping on some decaf green tea and some broth and it's staying down and actually tastes good.  I would love continued prayers for healing!

Sherrie P.
on 9/25/13 12:57 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Oh no!! That is awful.

PLEASE try your best to get in those fluids!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

motomama
on 9/26/13 7:57 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Update:  Thank you all for your encouraging words.  OK so here's my update.  I was doing good then threw up again today.  I decided to go in to see my doc because I was only keeping down about 1/2 of what I was taking in and I wasn't taking in much at all.  After listening to me he asked, so what have you been drinking?  My answer Crystal Light...he said no more Crystal light for you.  Tea- drink lots of tea.  Then he showed me a technique to drink it that I wasn't even expecting..a mouthful of tea gulped down and then wait 10-20 sec and do it again all while standing up tall and walking walking walking.  I thought the man was crazy but he's been doing this for a long time (25 plus years).  Got home and tried it...been drinking fine ever since!  I've thrown up some bubbles and foam but no liquid.  I am like un freaking believable and so is my husband...but hey it worked.  I do have to stay on clear liquids for at least another week but hey it's worth it. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

motomama
on 9/26/13 11:43 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

update #2:  Was doing well but then set back...oh well, I am to call and get an EGD tomorrow so that he can take a look at everything and do a dilation. 

Most Active