Anyone on here RNY to VSG

Misty1980
on 9/14/13 8:05 am - edwards, CA

So looks like my next step will be a feeding tube if my dumping and reactive hypo  goes away . My Dr said either revision to sleeve or reverse. There both major surgeries and scary so wondering if anyone has went from RNY to VSG. Im almost 7 years out from the first surgery.

pineview01
on 9/15/13 3:56 am - Davison, MI

Taking down a RNY is major!  I would be looking at a surgeon that has tons of experience.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Misty1980
on 9/15/13 4:41 am - edwards, CA

Well my surgeon has 37 years experience one of the best in CA but I'm definitely going to make sure this is something he can do or look to be sent to some one that can. He has done lots of complex revisions so we will see what happens. Truth be told IM very scared and don't  want a reverse but the way IM living at the age of 32 is not ok and I don't want to stay like this if I do Ill just waste away. I don't have a lot of options Both of The DS Dr in CA don't want to do it because my weight being so low and the malabsorption rate and my insurance wont cover that surgery so I'm limited on options.

pineview01
on 9/15/13 9:40 am, edited 9/15/13 9:52 am - Davison, MI

Good luck!  If low weight is the issue I understand 100% why they want you to go back to a VSG.  My sister almost had to have a revision from DS as she wouldn't stop losing.  She wasn't educated on her surgery and made the wrong choice with hers but, it is what it is now.

It is too bad they won't take you on as they are great at taking the RNY down.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Misty1980
on 9/15/13 9:47 am - edwards, CA
Thanks so much.
Most Active