Having revision from lapband to sleeve!

marfar7
on 8/21/13 9:20 am - OR

I'm 5 weeks out from band to sleeve "all at once" revision. Stayed 2 nites in the hospital. Took 30 minutes for my dr to dig my band out of my stomach, it had embedded. it was a harder recovery than my band because of the extra digging. And on day 5 I had a bad reaction to Reglan and waas in the ER, but no other complications. Was on my liquid Vicodin for about 12 days and feeling great now.

Started soft foods last week (after 4 long weeks of full liquids) and I'm full on very little. Tried about 6 bites of ice cream last nite (mistake, btw) and had stomach cramping and diarrhea. This morning I coudn't even drink my protein shake until 2pm cuz my tummy was rumbly. Guess I'm not ready for ice cream! Bummer. And it was Haggen Daz Caramel Cone too!

Good luck!

Marci

Marci

Post band to sleeve revision July 16, 2013

PW: 248 CW:157 GW:130

pineview01
on 8/21/13 10:54 am, edited 8/21/13 10:55 am - Davison, MI

I'm 7 months out and still can't do ice cream without tummy upset.  I consider this a good thing as we shouldn't be wasting calories on ice cream anyway.

Sounds like your recover with the all in one was much harder.  I stopped the pain pump after a few times and realized it caused nausea.  I took the liquid loritab before leaving the hospital and the first 2 nights and was than good to go.  It did take them 45 minutes to clean up the mess from the band before they could start the sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lovely27
on 8/23/13 5:23 am - south hill, VA
Thank you glad you are doing better.
Sandy M.
on 8/25/13 6:09 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

My surgeon warned me that I might have to have 2 surgeries, but he was able to remove my band and do the sleeve at the same time about 3 1/2 months ago.  I had my band 7 years, and the sleeve is soooo much better.  Although everyone's experience is different, I can eat anything now without having to make sure I'm close to a bathroom.  None of that "stuck" feeling after eating, and my acid reflux is gone (it was caused by the hernia my band created).  

Good luck to you - it's worth it!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active