Surgery Date was yesterday but...

MrsCMT
on 8/15/13 9:18 am
RNY on 08/14/13
Had lap band removed but surgeon said my stomach was too inflamed where the band was to do RNY. I am so disappointed. I am in so much pain and frankly don't think I will brave enough to subject myself to this a 3rd time. Anyone else have this experience? Did you end up having the 3rd surgery or not?

JEG1
on 8/15/13 3:46 pm - WY

I've had several abdominal operations (for other stuff), so I know how much pain is involved, and how long the recovery time is.  But, I would certainly do my WLS surgery all over again, if I had to.  Except I would have done it 10 years sooner.  Give yourself time.  There is no rush.  When you are ready, you will know.  Good luck!

band2sleeverevision
on 8/16/13 3:15 am
VSG on 02/25/13

I had a two surgery with the lap band coming out and then had a sleeve 90 days after that to allow my stomach to heal.  Having the sleeve was a bit harder than the lap band removal surgery but not bad overall.

Don't hesitate to do it....let yourself get healed up from this surgery and you'll do fine.

airbender
on 8/17/13 6:00 am

i had to wait 6 months post explant, and it ended up being a total of 4 surgeries.....

MrsCMT
on 8/18/13 4:10 am
RNY on 08/14/13
Thank you all for the encouragement and insight. I really don't want to wait 6 months - am hoping to have next surgery in December - now I just have to get my surgeon on board!

Most Active