questions about revision

julsey
on 8/5/13 12:23 am

I had VSG 8-2011.  I have been thinking about having a revision.  Is it possible to have the same VSG done again?

Julie

MsBatt
on 8/5/13 1:47 am

Yes, they can re-Sleeve you. However, you'd probably be better off getting a full DS this time around.

julsey
on 8/6/13 5:51 am

I have problems with absorption of vitamins and minerals already, would DS make it worse or do you think it would just probably stay the same?  I already am being treated for the malaborption right now.  I think my body hates me anyways.  LOL

MsBatt
on 8/6/13 6:12 am

I'm going to have to give an unqualified "that depends." (*grin*) Which vitamins and minerals, and why do your doctors think you're not absorbing them properly? The DS bypasses a LOT of the small intestine, and different vitamins and minerals are absorbed optimally in specific places along the small intestine, so---might or might not make things worse. It will definitely affect your ability to absorb the fat-solubles---A, D, E, and K. (The trade-off is that you'll also only absorb 20% of the fat calories you eat.)

MsBatt
on 8/6/13 6:13 am

Oh, and I meant to say that the RNY would also affect your ability to absorb certain vitamins and minerals, but not necessarily the same ones as the DS.

Whit
on 8/6/13 8:08 am
Revision on 12/10/12

You will need to be committed to taking supplements life long. But every WLS needs some form of compliance.

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

julsey
on 8/6/13 9:48 am

I am committed to everything involved with WLS.  Just nervous about how my body responds to this.   I really want more than anything to be healthy and able to stay active with my soon to be 10 year old.  I want to be that mom that is able to run around and so all the fun stuff.  I am tired of being tired and that.

Time to keep in the game.  Let go of being scared.

Most Active