Anyone here that had a BPD and has revised to a DS or has had a pouch reduction since orig...

o46spanky2
on 12/27/13 8:55 am

I did not respect the surgery or the post op instructions, and this is why I'm back here. Im older, wiser and know this is my last chance at a healthier life, so Im not going to drop the ball on this. The revision will be that he will reduce the size of my current pouch, thats it. My pouch was left rather large, but in 2000, thats what they did, and its stretched as well, so hopefully its just a new staple line. No other mods neccessary. Thanks   

MsBatt
on 4/8/14 9:57 pm

Since you say your RNY pouch is still intact, you do NOT have a BPD/DS, you have a distal or extended RNY. It's ONLY a BPD/DS if you have a Sleeved stomach.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/11/14 8:28 am

This is a bit confusing. If you have a pouch, you have a BPD, not a BPD/DS. Completely different.

Nancyboaz
on 4/2/14 4:50 am

Hi, Please let me know how you are doing with your revision.  (Please see my recent post).  I had the BPD/DS in 2001. 

o46spanky2
on 4/2/14 6:12 am

Doing great. Surgery 1/16 or so, 2 day stay in hospital. I'm down 40 lbs, I had ZERO complications, no gas issues, no vomiting. I have protein/calcium shake I'm am, and maintain 100 gr protein and 8 glasses of water a day. Exercise most days. This week I started weening myself off shakes so I get all protein thru food, Doing ok with it. No regrets.

Most Active