Knock Knock ! who's there? Aetna to mess with you head !

saterry
on 7/4/13 9:30 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Last week was approved for revision from SRVG to RNY. Received conformation via email. Hard copy cane in the mail on Wednesday this week Aetna states I am approved------for 1 day in the hospital ! Laughed real hard ! Thought they were confused about the surgery type but no, right there in the letter. My Doc said 3-5 days NOT one, so here we go again. /now have to appeal days approved. Makes you wonder who is in charge of insurance anymore. Guess I could just stay 1 day , sleep on sidewalk outside and just check in at Doc office every day ! dang......

Said if I had complications they would pay for more days......ummm lets see, 2 drains, nausea, pain all normal. I could fake a seizure ! haha

Gotta laugh !

pineview01
on 7/5/13 12:20 pm - Davison, MI

Just curious what is the SRVG?  I wish I could have gone home after one day after my revision.  Once in the hospital doesn't the doc just have to say you can't go home or do you have to have the days in writing in advance?  Mine didn't list how many days.  Again just curious.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

saterry
on 7/7/13 9:45 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

SRVG, not performed by my surgeon anymore, was an open gastric stapling and a Silastic ring creating a pouch and a restricted opening.

pineview01
on 7/8/13 3:46 pm - Davison, MI

Got it!  I read about it but hadn't meet any one that had it done.  Sort of the old stomach stapling with a non adjustable ring right?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

saterry
on 7/8/13 8:51 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Exactly that !

airbender
on 7/5/13 2:53 pm

that is not atypical....when in the hospital the dr will decide, within reason how long to stay...I was approved for 2 days stayed 4....i have never heard of anyone appealing this...it is just standard, they usually approved for less than necessary...ask your dr's office on this also, if this is typical for them...good luck with the revision...

Whit
on 7/5/13 5:09 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

My letter said 2 days. I was revised from RNY to DS and spent 3 weeks in the hospital. The Dr. determines what is medically necessary and alters it as needed. Not something for you to worry about. 

good luck

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Pattycake1947
on 7/8/13 5:14 am - Boyd, TX

I just read you got approval from Aetna for your surgery. Just be thankful for that. Some of us are still waiting and just praying we get approved. Once approved cross the bridge as to how many days you'll be in the hospital when you get there. Once you have your surgery, your surgeon knows what to do and say to ask for more days. Could be you do very well and only have to stay the one day. At least, that's my way of thinking.

saterry
on 7/8/13 7:26 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

you are sooo right ! I waited a month for approval and feel so blessed at this opportunity to refocus my life ! I tend to plan way too far out instead of the moment at hand. One day at a time is a constant goal......good luck to you on your journey.

pineview01
on 7/8/13 3:48 pm - Davison, MI

You are so write.  Many write here they can't get approval for the revision from Aetna.  Congratulations OPangry

Most Active