8 days post op from lap band to RNY revision

Mz_Pretty
on 7/3/13 3:23 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Hey guys! Just an update so far I am feeling great I have been recovering quite well, and as far as weight lost so far I have lost -11 lbs! in my 1st week! I know everyone is different I was surprised by that I might actually get to goal this 2nd time around! Good luck to you all! :)

saterry
on 7/3/13 4:11 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Woo hoo !!! So glad you are recovering well ! Remember we have 1 hour at a time, 24 hours at a time. Small goals equal big results ! I am waiting for pre op testing and a surgery date. Just found out insurance approved last week. Let's keep track of each other ! Hang in there----we can do this !

Vinehorn
on 7/3/13 3:42 pm - IN
RNY on 07/25/13

Glad to see you are feeling great 8-days post surgery.  I'm personally looking forward to my LB to RNY revision is scheduled for July 25th.  Hope your recovery and journey continues to be successful.

=========================================

"What is the quality of your intent?" - Thurgood Marshall 

=========================================

nfisher
on 7/15/13 1:48 pm - NJ
I'm having my revision done July 25 as well. I'm excited to start over and get this stupid band out.
Teneene
on 7/5/13 11:17 am - CT
Revision on 05/08/13

You are making excellent progress and I'm glad you're feeling good!  I'm down 38 pounds now since my revision 2 months ago and I keep thinking the Doc told me I would lose slower and not as much.  So far I'm at a lower weight now than I was at my lowest with the lap band.  Go figure...  Good Luck!

Alopez46
on 7/19/13 11:57 pm - Mission, TX

Well I am glad you are doing good. I had my revision on June 11, 2013 and I have lost 21 lbs and I feel like it is going very slow. I am following everything I suppose to be doing.  What stage are you on? When did you start solids? :)

Sherrie P.
on 7/5/13 11:38 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Congrats!!!

I am a Crapband to RNY also.

Best of luck!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Alopez46
on 7/9/13 7:43 am - Mission, TX

That's great! My revision was done June 11, 2013 and I have lost 20lbs. I know the second time around is suppose to be slower. I just hope that if we do everything the right way we will see some good results. Good luck and keep it up.

pineview01
on 7/10/13 2:51 am - Davison, MI

Congratulation on your revision and speedy recovery!  

When they say you are going to lose slower, they don't mean slower than with the band.  They are saying you will lose slower than, in all your guys case, lower than a virgin RNY.

I'm band to sleeve and in six months lost the regain and 30 pounds more than I did in 3.5 years with the band.  When I check in on FB with all the other virgin sleevers from our Jan group, they have lost 10 to 80 pounds more than me.  The average virgin has lost 30 pounds more than me in the same time period.  

That said I am in heaven with my revision.  I broke the goal they set for me with the band, 215=40% EWL.  That left me still obese with a bmi of 35, BUT a WLS success in their books!  I have now broken their goal for the sleeve which still left me with a bmi of 30 and guess what still obese!

This week I broke my goal of being under a bmi of 30!  I am offically only over wieght!

Again, Congratulations and wishing your a seedy recover and WLS journey!

tdbull
on 7/14/13 12:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats. Looking forward to my band to RNY on August 13. Living the past month with a completely unfilled band due to severe acid reflux. Hoping I get same results you are experiencing. Any post op tips are appreciated.
Terri
Per band W-260 CW-193
Most Active