RNY to DS Revision

loveynj
on 7/9/13 11:27 am - Williamstown, nj

the first reply mentioned Dr Greenbaum..  He is in Burlington, NJ.  He did my revision from a RNY to a distal bypass. which means it wasnt a full DS because he didnt touch my stomach at all.... he only really changed my intestines I would say. He didnt want to do the full DS because at the time of my surgery 12/2011 I was 488lbs. He said I would probably lose about 75 lbs or so and he would revisit the idea of another surgery after I lost...  well no need for that.I am now 303 lbs.   Down 185 lbs in less than 2 yrs.. and still losing.

My labs are all over the place but that is alot of my fault because I tend to forget to take my 25 vitamins a day everyday.

Good luck

Jackie McGee
on 7/9/13 1:43 pm - PA

I love 200 lbs with my RNY and gained 40 back. I want to lose another 100 lbs and I want to revise because I am having so many terrible side effects from my RNY that are no better after 4+ years.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

RockChick
on 7/9/13 11:57 pm - Los Angeles , CA

Hi Jackie, I'm Sharyl and had a RNY to DS revision December 2011. My RNY was in in 2002. I can tell you that  you absolutley need to have a vetted surgeon from the list of those who perform it, and what you DO not want is a 'revision' to a distal RNY. Medically, long-term results speaking, the DS really is the superior procedure in combining a smaller stomach (pouch-sleeve) and malabsorptive process. Dr. Mitchell Roslin is an excellent surgeon in NYC. I highly encourage you to also seek information and support on some more DS centric sites like DSfacts.com and the Weight Loss Surgery site on Proboards. Here's a link to a great keynote speaker post by Dr. Roslin, called "Does the patient fail the procedure or does the procedure fail the patient"  - it's also includes Q/A of questions board participants submitted, and it's really informative and helpful. It's not about pitting the procedures against each other, but ensuring we get the best care medical technology offers. And that would be the DS. 

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=speak er&action=display&thread=3804

You can email me any time at [email protected]; I'll also get PMs here sent to my email since I frequent this site much less. This is a big, complex surgery and you need to fully research and many people travel  from all over the US and internationally to have my surgeon, Dr. Keshishian  in southern California because he is so highly skilled,  especially in revisions, and amazingly compassionate, if traveling is a potential option for you. 

Sharyl

Revision to DS 12/15/2011/Dr. Keshishian, Verdugo Hills

RNY 5/11/2002 Dr. Muryama, Northwestern 

***RNY complication surgery 5/2011, Hernia repairs 6/2003, 8/2013

SW 240 CW 158-163 Goal and maintaining 

Robin1222
on 12/31/13 11:02 pm - Leominster, MA
I wanted to post this, its the best vidwo i have seen to date giving great information and results http://vimeo.com/25570146
Most Active