Super sensitivity

Njudono1
on 6/22/13 2:32 am
Had my lapband rny revision on may 29 and I am super sensitive to smells cant stay to long in my pantry the smells are overwhelming. The protein shakes taste terrible. My taste buds are all screwed up. Had a breakdown yesterday because it all seem so overwhelming anyone else feeling overwhelmed
Hislady
on 6/22/13 8:27 am - Vancouver, WA

Just like our taste changes after surgery some people are also hyper sensitive with smells too. The meltdown is no doubt from weight loss, we have alot of hormones stored in our fat so when we lose weight quickly those are released and can make you very emotional for awhile. Try to take it easy and pamper yourself so you don't get overly stressed for awhile. This too should pass.

sable07
on 6/23/13 7:03 am
Revision on 06/17/13

I had surgery on 6/17 and I've just about thrown everything out of the refrigerator looking for a mystery smell that only I can smell!  I no longer like my protein shots and I'm waiting for my x-ray vision to kick in!  LOL!

Kidda G.
on 7/30/13 2:43 am
This happened to me too. It felt like morning sickness all over again. It wil get better as time goes on...though mine lingered on for 8 months though less intense over time. Good luck!
Kidda G.
on 7/30/13 2:44 am
Lol I like the X-ray vision comment!
Most Active