Questions Revision to Roux-en-Y due to non-healing peptic ulcer

ScrawnyGal
on 6/19/13 6:29 am - Euless, TX

I had a Roux-en-Y in 2000 and this year I developed a huge peptic ulcer where the stomach connects to the intestines and just below.  It's not healing so I'm not really eating much or well (throwing up blood/blood clots, etc.).  Still not quiet underweight, but working on it.  I see the surgeon next week for the consult, but I was wondering:

Has anyone here had this type of revision?  if so

1)  Was the surgery laparoscopic?

2)  How long should I expect to stay in the hospital?

3)  How long  until I can go back to work?  I work in a lab and will be starting night school in August...  Need to be feeling tip-top before school starts.

Lisa O.
on 6/19/13 8:45 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I'm confused...If you already had a RNY how are you going to convert to an RNY?

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

ScrawnyGal
on 6/19/13 9:54 am - Euless, TX

Your confused?  lol  I'm totally confused.  But the GI doc told me I needed a revision to cut out the ulcer and fixed the junction from the stomach to the intestines.  Guess I'll find out more when I see the surgeon next Tuesday.  I would go see my original surgeon, but he moved his practice an hour further away :( My GI doctor say that the dude he is sending me has done the most revisions in the area. 

My original surgery was done by Dr. Provost.  I'm seeing Dr. Davidson for the revision/fix or whatever this is.  But when you look up reasons for revisions, this does fall under it.

Now I wonder if I'll have problems with insurance approving it.  I'm not totally sick yet. 

Most Active