Revision???

heathercross
on 6/9/13 10:31 am - New York, NY
pineview01
on 6/7/13 4:53 pm - Davison, MI
pineview01
on 6/7/13 4:53 pm - Davison, MI

What Maria said.

I would think you might get more help from talking things thru with a therapist.  Find one that work with eating problems.  This has been an emotional time for you.  Losing my brother than having my Dad diagnosed with the same cancer and losing him the next year set me off to.  Before having my band REMOVED, as many here have, I got into therapy.  I can't tell you how much it helps to talk to some one at this times that understands us and how we work.  Mine has had a RNY herself.

Also get checked out and see if your pouch is still OK.

Big Hug!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Rayeh
on 6/8/13 12:01 am
Thank you Maria, I actually did see a therapist to work it through but the damage (weight gain) was done. When I went through the process of RNY, support groups like this or any were not available. It was only this week that I found out this group even was available. My bypass has been a secret for all this time. Very few people even know to this day.
MARIA F.
on 6/9/13 4:59 pm - Athens, GA

In addition to online support you might try a local WLS support group. Just check with the bariatric Drs. in your area and I'm sure they can direct you to the ones that are local. Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Sherrie P.
on 6/9/13 9:30 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Depends on your insurance.

My insurance BCBS will only revise if you meet the BMI criteria for the original surgery, which is 40 or 35 with comorbidities.  I am guessing at 184 you don't meet those.

Sorry for your loss.  I agree - talking with someone may help.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Rayeh
on 6/9/13 10:02 am
Thank you all for your thoughts, I appreciate it.
heathercross
on 6/9/13 10:28 am, edited 6/9/13 10:29 am - New York, NY

Hi. Have you had an upper gi. ct scan of your abdomen or a endoscopy?  Do you know if your RNY failed or your stomach stretched or if your stoma is entact?  If you don't know the answer to these questions, you need to see if any of this is true bc if they aren't, you wouldn't be considered for a revision.  And, in my opinion, at 184, I think your BMI is too low. I agree with others about the stomaphx (it isn't even a real surgery and only lousy docs do this) but I've had a BOB. Its been 2 years and my pouch was enlarged.  You should see a dtr and find out why you are regaining.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/13 12:16 pm - riverside, CA

I have an enlarged pouch and am considering a BOB can you tell me the pro's and con's at least your experience?  I'd really appreciate it.

heathercross
on 6/9/13 9:48 pm - New York, NY

You are welcome to read through my profile. I detailed a lot about the surgery.  The pro is I have no hunger and I have restriction - some days a ton, some days a lot less, but, I always have restriction - more restriction than I had with the RNY.  The con - its not a magic bullet like the RNY, you have to work your ass off to lose weight, its a diet. Its SLOW. And the throwing up, well, its awful.

Most Active