CANNOT FIND A BOB DOCTOR IN MY AREA

tysweetpea
on 5/18/13 9:02 am - NEWMAN, CA

Im from california and I cannot find a doctor that will do a Band over bypass....anyone know of any?  also i am in the central valley/bayarea

Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen,they are present with you.
~ St. Francis De Sales

katiekat412
on 5/18/13 12:34 pm
I know it's not what you're looking for, but I may be going to dr aceves in Mexicali. He's got experience with the procedure.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 3:53 am
On May 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM Pacific Time, katiekat412 wrote:
I know it's not what you're looking for, but I may be going to dr aceves in Mexicali. He's got experience with the procedure.

Heh... I know you aren't going to want to hear this but it's truth.  Aceves has a daughter, she wanted a band.  He flat out refused, he told her no.  She said that was the procedure type she wanted.  He told me that he said no, bands are "dangerous and ineffective".  If she wanted WLS he didn't care what she wanted, she would wake up with a sleeve.  He ended up sleeving his daughter.  He was very open about this with me.

Yet, if you have cash in hand he's happy to band you.  Just not his family.

There is a reason so many doctors won't band anyone anymore.  If not just their family, anyone.

katiekat412
on 5/21/13 8:00 pm
We aren't WLS virgins. We don't have options. There are successful BOBs. I've talked to them. I agree as a virgin surgery I would make a different decision. I did.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 3:58 am
On May 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM Pacific Time, tysweetpea wrote:

Im from california and I cannot find a doctor that will do a Band over bypass....anyone know of any?  also i am in the central valley/bayarea

Sadly, many surgeons won't do bands on anyone anymore.  There are hospitals throughout the country that won't do bands anymore.  Heck, there are entire countries that won't do bands anymore such as Chile.

It's a poor short term solution to a long term problem.

heathercross
on 5/19/13 9:13 pm - New York, NY

I have a BOB.  A BOB is a totally different procedure that a regular old band.  Check out Marina Kurian in NYC.  You could fly there for the surgery and get your fills in Cali.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/26/13 6:16 am

There's a darn good reason for that. I'd look at other options.

If you are in CA, you have two of the top revision surgeons right there, but they don't do bands.

tysweetpea
on 6/12/13 11:45 am - NEWMAN, CA

I have already had my rny gastric bypass in 2001 but need a revision.  There is a new revision as putting a band over the gastric bypass pouch.  This is the one that Carnie Wilson has as well.  I found one in San Francisco that does it.  I will setting up an appt soon.  My first choice would not have been a band either.   Who is the two doctors in cali you feel are the best in a revision?  my doctor will not do them

Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen,they are present with you.
~ St. Francis De Sales

pineview01
on 6/13/13 12:26 pm, edited 6/13/13 12:26 pm - Davison, MI

Just a fyi,our COE is refusing to do the BOB also.  

Two of the Top in the country RNY to DS revision doctors.  Just realize this is THE toughest surgery going but best long term success.

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active