For those that had the VSG-Drain Question

LaceyKitN
on 5/11/13 3:33 pm - Olympia, WA

Hi Everybody,

I am a current bandster but I am very seriously researching my possibilities and getting ready to make serious plans to go to Mexico to do a revision surgery to the VSG.

Can anybody else who had the VSG and had a drain with it tell me this--about how much fluid was in your drain when it was emptied?

Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Washington State

Hislady
on 5/11/13 4:10 pm - Vancouver, WA

Try posting this on the sleeve forum to get more responses. Good luck!

chinamama
on 5/12/13 4:30 pm - Bend, OR
I was told to empty it twice a day ( more if needed) and keep track of how much fluid it contained and the color. Went from about 160 ml the first day home (day 3-4) to 30 ml day 7. Also fluid was mainly straw colored the last two days instead of blood tinged.

Hope that helps.

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

~~Sami~~ *.
on 5/13/13 12:51 pm - Jacksonville, FL

I only had a drain in the hospital, and the PA emptied it. I want to say maybe 1/2 full once, and then a little bit more the next time? Anyways, she removed it before I was discharged so I never had to deal with it.  Felt weird coming out, but didn't hurt. :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/13 2:28 pm
On May 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, LaceyKitN wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I am a current bandster but I am very seriously researching my possibilities and getting ready to make serious plans to go to Mexico to do a revision surgery to the VSG.

Can anybody else who had the VSG and had a drain with it tell me this--about how much fluid was in your drain when it was emptied?

Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Washington State

People make a big deal out of drains and truth is, they are no big deal AT ALL.  There were a few cc's in there, no big deal.

I went to MX as well for my band and my revision.

Most Active