Lap band to RNY revision

Mz_Pretty
on 5/5/13 1:04 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Hello I am scheduled to have my revision surgery on 6/25/13 I'm a bit nervous! Just looking for people who had this procedure done. Did you lose weight the 2nd time around? I had my lap band placed in 2/2008 so it has been 5 years I lost about 70 lbs with the band but regained about 30 lbs I still have about 80 lbs I want to lose to get to my goal. Anyway let me know how your experience went if you could please! Thanks! 

busyrn
on 5/5/13 4:45 am

Just had my surgery  I am post op day 6.  I had my band since 11/06 there was a lot of scar tissue and adhesions took about 3 hours but went fine and I feel great so I can only comment on immediate post op not long term success. It was the best decision I made and wish I did it sooner:) I am not on any pain meds (it was very tolerable) out and about driving etc... Best wishes 

Dominique S.
on 5/8/13 12:51 pm - Detroit, MI
Hi. If you don't mind me asking what type of insurance do you have. I neex revision surgery snd unfortunately my nrw insurance excludes bariatric surgery. I'm looking to get new insurance but before I do I want to be certain that it covers the revision.
Mz_Pretty
on 5/8/13 10:36 pm - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

I have Aetna insurance.

Hislady
on 5/5/13 5:47 am - Vancouver, WA

I know lots of people who have revised from band to RNY and sleeve and all have done much better than with the band, the band is pretty much a joke for most of us! Sometimes you lose a little slower but still come out better than with the band. Good luck!

danixbanani
on 5/6/13 4:32 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12

I'm a band to sleeve revision and it has been the best decision I have EVER made.  I wish I had made it sooner.  I was banded in 08, never lost a lot of weight and then started having a lotttt of problems.  Recovery from my  revision surgery was easier and better than when I had the original lapband surgery.  So far, I have lost way more weight than I ever did with the band (I'm down 66lbs since October) and while my weight loss is slowing down a bit now, I am still losing.

I think for revisioners especially from the band, weight loss is optimal in the first 6months, so make sure you follow ALL the rules to get optimal weight loss those first 6 months.  After 6 months you will still lose but it is slower and with more stalls/plateaus. 

I wish you luck!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Mz_Pretty
on 5/7/13 6:04 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Thank you all for ur time to respond to my post its much appreciated!

Kristiemarie060504
on 5/9/13 6:13 am - MD
I had band to bypass done 1/29/2013 , The best decision i ever made ! I have lost 69lbs ! Best of luck to you in your journey !
Mz_Pretty
on 5/15/13 1:24 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Wow thats awesome, if you dont mind me asking what was ur starting revision weight? Maybe there is hope I never here from the lerm term revision people. Thanks!

mittens20
on 5/14/13 12:11 pm - MD

i just had the band removed 2 weeks ago im going for bypass you guy dont  make me scared

Most Active