post op day #3 band to rny in one surgery

busyrn
on 5/1/13 11:40 pm

Hi everyone had my revision done 4/29 in the afternoon went home 4/30. surgery  took about 3hr surgeon said I had alot of scar tissue and adhesions from the band but things went well. I never do well with general anesthesia so the nausea was horrid but it passed by the following day. Pain is tolerable taking a percocet broken into 4 pieces every 4 hours or so. Moving around fine although I get weak quickly I think being on clears for so long and just the whole surgery process washes you out. Can't wait to advance this diet so sick of clear liquids so monday cant come soon enough:)

Hislady
on 5/2/13 5:31 am - Vancouver, WA

Always glad to see someone get rid of that horrid device! Remember you just had a big surgery and you need lots of rest and fluids, baby your body for awhile but do try to walk alot. Those clear fluids are awful, maybe try some broth at least it's a different flavor, I know I got so sick of sweet tasting stuff. Hang in there and it'll get better day by day!

busyrn
on 5/5/13 4:35 am

thank you so much doing well and the best thing is its the LAST DAY OF CLEARS YAY!!!

Patty R.
on 5/4/13 10:18 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Thanks for your post, I'm scheduled for the same on 5/9/13. Can't wait to be rid of this band!!

Good luck to you!!

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

busyrn
on 5/5/13 4:32 am

Hi Patty I know you must be so excited for your upcoming surgery:) You are going to feel so much better when that band comes out. I wish I didn't put it off for so long because of the fear of having the RNY.  I can honestly say I am doing fantastic, I feel great, no reflux etc.  I can sleep thru the night without hacking up a lung on acid.  I stopped pain meds the night of day 3. I was driving post op day 5 out and about. Its amazing the difference between the 2 surgeries how the "more invasive" feels so much better.  You are going to be great!! keep me posted on how things go.

julia M.
on 5/14/13 2:17 am - Canton, OH
RNY on 12/31/13

Im looking forward to hearing how you are doing. I am glad everything is ok.

Winning the race, slow but steady! 

Mz_Pretty
on 6/3/13 3:27 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

How did everything go for you?

Most Active