Have Gastric Bypass (July 2012) revision from VBG (1999) now have gallbladder and...

12Rowrena
on 4/28/13 10:55 am - Reinbeck, IA

Has anyone else gone through this?  I asked my surgeon to take out my gallbladder since My Mom and Daughter both had to have their's removed.  My blood word enzymes were out of site - my liver readings were very scary.  I was sent to the hospital to have my gallbladder out as it showed sludge  not stones and they didn't think I needed surgery.  They kept me off all food and liquid for 2 days then clear liquid diet.  Then the doctor said we are going to regular food if you have any pain then we need to do something.  I had an attach at home weeks before this that was really painful but nothing like what I had the night I got food in the hospital.  They wouldn't touch me since my anatomy had been changed and i have leads still in my back from a spinal stimulator I had years ago so no MRI's in my future.  They sent me from Allen Hospital in Waterloo, IA, by ambulance to IA City hospital for several more days.  The pain is only under control as long as I'm laying down and I have to cut this short as it is coming into my back right now.  I have an appt in IA City May 6 to see a sergeon to be out my gallbadder probably.   I'm really worried that since I've been doing alright on clear liquids they will just say I'm healed and send me home to have yet another have one of the most painful things I have been through even childbirth.

If they take out my gallbladder with the pancreas settle down and hot have anymore painful attacks.,  I'm scared and having to travel to IA city sucks when my surgeon could have taken out my gallladder but his hospital is not a provider to my insurance company so they will not special approve this surgery since there are other doctors ot there that will do so but they would be wrong.

I hope someone has some good news for me as I'm having to go lay down as the pain in starting in my back and I can't stand that.  I will keep check on this post in hopes someone out there knows exactly what I am talking about.  Since they wouldn't remove the gallbladder because it was sludge and not stones is that what caused the pancreatitis?

Take care everyone.

Rowrena Tichy

ButterflyAna
on 4/30/13 5:23 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
So sorry to hear about your medical problems. My SIL died in November from pancreastis which she got after RNY. She also had her gallbladder removed. Do not mess around with this, make sure the doctors take you seriously. My SIL was only 36 years old. If you get it under control early then you can live a long life. Please fight for yourself.
Sorry if this scares you I just want you to fight for yourself so that you will be around for many years to come.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

fatgirl2000
on 9/18/13 4:52 am - Olney, MD
RNY on 02/24/12

RNY Feb 2012, gallbladder out June 21, 2013, left with a trans-hepatic biliary drainage tube in my ribs, causing right lung pneumonia (due to not being able to breathe with all the pain from the tube!) It was determined that I had a stricture in my bile duct which usually is caused by laparocsopic surgery previously, or by stones travelling through the common bile duct and causing scarring..needless to say, the stricture had to be stretched under anesthesia, in order to be opened up and get the tube taken out. when I had my RNY the surgeon didn't take out my gallbladder because I had no problems with it. The early symptoms started about 3 months before I had the gall bladder removed.

Apparently he had to do major repairs on 2 hiatal hernias that were complicated, had to rebuild my diaphragm with mesh, then do the RNY, all while I was under anesthesia. Right coronary artery is blocked so he didn't want to keep me under any longer than he had to..oh well.. I DO wish the gallbladder was taken out preventatively anyway. Now I have a bunch of gastro issues that are kind of weird, not like when I was "normal".

If you always tell the truth, you won't get caught lying..
Most Active