2 weeks all liquid diet before revision

TynettaM
on 2/3/13 11:19 pm - Greensboro, NC

I met with my Surgeon on Friday and started my pre op diet today.

nikkim102
on 2/5/13 4:24 am
How have you been doing with the liquids?
TynettaM
on 2/26/13 2:31 am - Greensboro, NC

Still on my diet......I've been trying to get in contact with my bariatric coordinator and I'm not getting my emails returned.

So i'm waiting....for date confirmation....i even called the insurance company and they have not received my info.....

thinlizzie12
on 2/4/13 4:28 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13

I am 12 days post op from Band to DS revision. And yes, I am still on this liquid diet. Just think tough....this will be the last time right? I go in for my dr. appt tomorrow....praying to be upgraded to pureed diet! Good luck to you....it will be worth it;)

nikkim102
on 2/5/13 4:23 am
Thanks for the encouragement. Am very weak today.
Pattycake1947
on 2/6/13 4:28 am - Boyd, TX

Where do you live and what insurance do you have? I am going through the process to get approved for weight loss surgery. I had the VBG 12 years ago and have put 75 pounds back on. I was suppose to be able to get my revision this month but there's no way I can. I thought I had gone through all my steps except the one last one tomorrow. Then I got an email from my surgeons office and they said I had to have 3 visits with the dietician and the only thing I'd heard from her is that my labs was all good but that's all I've heard from her. I to have to go through two weeks liquid diet before the surgery. Now, I have no idea when I'll be able to get my surgery. Please keep us up to date on how your surgery goes.   Patsy Davis

nikkim102
on 2/6/13 5:26 am
Hi Pat...I am in OH. Sorry to hear about your delay. I have been in this revision process since last April. Had to see a Dietician for 6 months, lose at least 20 lbs and go thru behavior classes plus about 15 or 20 more appts and tests. FINALLY cleared for a surgery date. Was a long process. I too had the VBG 15 years ago and of course gained weight back. So hoping this one is more successful. Will stay in touch.
Most Active