rny to ds...anybody know of any chicago area surgeons

CCLC J
on 2/4/13 4:39 am

I had a virgin DS with Dr Alverdy in Dec of 2009.  I can confirm that both Dr Alverdy and Dr Prachand at the U of C do true RNY to DS revisions.  I had heard thru the support group grapevine that they'd offered a woman a RNY to DS revision and had a chance to ask Dr Alverdy myself at my yearly check-up.  He said they've been doing them for a while but don't advertise it.  He went on to say that not many are performed in the US every year, that it's very complicated surgery - he explained a bit to me("you have to take the RNY down & start from scratch") and that insurance is usually an issue for people.  I didn't ask how many they've done total, but he said they did 5 last year.  I don't know what criteria they base their patient acceptance on, but he did said that they have a 3 month compliancy program for any patient that is interested in a RNY to DS revision.  I haven't  personally spoken to anyone who's actually had an RNY to DS revision with either Dr Alverdy or Dr Prachand.  If someone is looking for a surgeon in the Chicagoland area and wants to investigate further, please keep us informed. 

I did email DSfacts the same information a few weeks ago.  I've only posted a few times in the last 3 yrs as I'm only on line while I'm at work and I'm usually really late in posting.

meliss0725
on 2/6/13 1:00 pm - Plainfield, IL

Sorry to barge in on this thread but do you know if the Chicago surgeons that you mention do long-term (10 years) lap band to sleeve revisions?

Tricie 40
on 2/18/13 10:59 am - Back Home For Good, IL

My Lap RNY was done in GA by Dr. Dennis Smith. I never had any pain or complications. Returned to work in 2 weeks, went on to lose 210 pounds . I am having a revision hopefully. My insurance covers what I want.....the DS is my first choice...HOWEVER, I will make it work no matter what... I need a tool to help me out in the fight against this addiction..bottom line!!

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

LEE
on 2/23/13 3:26 pm

Tricie I have my first appt with Dr. Rabkin on 2/27/13, this coming Wed.  I think i'm going to go for it.  I am so close to my starting weight it is crazy.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Most Active