band to RNY revision approval

Srg2
on 1/17/13 4:58 pm - CA

Today I got work my insurance did approve the revision.  It seems like someone told me revision people tend to have a harder time losing weight.  Is this true?  I would love to hear the experiences of others who have had this same revision procedure.  Thanks.

scarlettbegonias
on 1/18/13 10:06 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

A little slower maybe, not necessarily harder...my weightloss in 3 months after my revision with complications is about what I'd lost in 7-8 months with the band. I'm losing slower than some that have had rny on a virgin stomach and on par with others, the Lapband messed with our metabolism's so you need to be prepared for this.

seeing an ED psychologist has helped me with this,my fear of failure, my food phobias from the band and realising why I felt the need to be fat in the first place.

I personally think everyone having wls whether its first time or revision should have some counselling!

good luck :-)

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Most Active