back from my endscopy and now in search of a new doctor trying for a ds revision

annamarie1969
on 11/16/12 10:31 pm - deltona, FL
I have done adequate research to only find skilled surgeons in Michigan and California...with whom perform RNY to DS Revisional surgery. I will continue on my quest with my now surgeon, Dr. Sebastien, with whom is highly respected and highly skilled at revisions and see what he suggests at the endoscopy investigation as what will be in my best interest. I have never been so eager to have something knicked in the bud but I want to make sure this time around when I do get the revision I never have to say hello to the plus size again. Losing over 164 pounds then regaining quite a bit back has been mind boggling but with the great support of this site and others and then given sites to see and research has helped me become my number one advocate, thank u all. : )
MsBatt
on 11/17/12 2:16 am

There aren't any RNY-to-DS surgeons in Florida. SmileyJamie posted a thread here that lists each and every RNY-to-DS surgeon in this country.  Since your current surgeon isn't one of them, he's going to recommend to you something that he CAN do.

If you really, truly want to never say hello to a plus size again, just make up your mind that you WILL have to travel and get the DS.

tattoobabe
on 11/17/12 3:26 am - MI

anna check out this site dsfacts.com they have list of  surgeons who do the rny to ds revisions.....

smileyjamie72
on 11/17/12 8:55 am - Palmer, AK
On November 17, 2012 at 6:15 AM Pacific Time, annamarie1969 wrote:

I am having a hard time finding a surgeon that does RNY TO DS REVISIONS in Florida. Should i consider traveling to a well established and experienced doc and does insurance cover other states surgeons?  I am clueless here? Thanks, Anna 

There are LESS THAN 10, yes, 10 surgeons who DO the RNY to DS revision surgery in

THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is THE MOST COMPLEX bariactric surgery performed.  Here is the list, if you did not read the post I posted a few days back.

I want to let you know, that the doc that you mentioned might give you something that he performs, not a true RNY to DS revision.  It is all about money.  Just like car salesmen............... if you wanted a BMW, would you go to a Hyundai dealer?  They will try and sell you something that THEY have, so that they do not lose your money.

2012 RNY to DS revision surgeons

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Stewart, located in Texas

Dr. Simper, located in Utah

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Dr. Greenbaum, located in New Jersey

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States 

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located  in Brazil

Dr. Gagner in Canada

**Disclaimer..... Gagner has had some problems with questionable billing practices & Greenbaum has had some problems~like recent patients not getting a true DS [receiving an ERNY/Distal RNY instead].

PLEASE do your DUE DILIGENCE and research, and POST questions!!!!!!

Here are links to look at...........

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4462656/lapband-to-what-ds-or-rny/#36915162

AND

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4447254/RNY-to-Distal-Gastric-Bypass-not-as-happy/#36775292

AND

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=1342&page=1

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active