revision rny to rny?? help??

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 9:28 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
You've hit on EXACTLY the reason I recommended you get a second opinion from outside your current bariatric surgery group.

Best wishes.
sheila9916
on 9/7/12 10:28 am - MI
Thanks so much, I will be looking for a new surgeon.
MayraS
on 9/7/12 11:43 am, edited 9/9/12 1:10 am
Hello I just had the RNY to RNY revision on 8/20/12. I have lost so far 6 lbs, because the first week out of surgery I had gained 12 from the IV fluids so it took that long to loose it! Let me know whatever questions you may have!
sheila9916
on 9/8/12 10:06 pm - MI
Hi: Thanks for your reply.  How would you compare the revision surgery to the original surgery as far as recovery and pain? How long was your hospital stay? Did they just tighten your pouch? or was there more involved?  Also, do you feel like it's working? Would you recommend it?  Thanks so much
MayraS
on 9/9/12 2:41 pm
On September 9, 2012 at 5:06 AM Pacific Time, sheila9916 wrote:
Hi: Thanks for your reply.  How would you compare the revision surgery to the original surgery as far as recovery and pain? How long was your hospital stay? Did they just tighten your pouch? or was there more involved?  Also, do you feel like it's working? Would you recommend it?  Thanks so much
Hello I sent you a privatemessage this morning.
Ruth S.
on 9/7/12 6:55 pm - Orlando, FL
Sheila....MOST ppl don't consider revision until SEVERAL years out.  You're only 1 yr 3months out and you haven't given yourself much time to really gage how the surgery is working for you.  You haven't stated anything regards to having any issues.  When I did this surgery I promised I would do everything in my power to make it work, and so Im at 8 years post op and about the 6th years (2 yrs ago) I started to gain weight but that was mostly my doing of not working out and eating some of the wrong foods. I started to have some abdominal pains and I found another surgeon to consider having a revision. HE said what he did as far as that goes..I didn't know what revisions were out there to consider. He stated that he would move the Y junction further. So in May, 2012 he went in there measured my current bypass (76cm) and went down 74cm to give 150cm. I had two bowel obstructions due to adhesions...so in my case there was a bit of complication not to say you would have that. Anyway..in my humble opinion I would say wait out a little bit more time before considering surgery again..and if you haven't been compliant go back to basics..exercising, drinking proteins and more so drinking tha****er!!! And see if you get out of the weight moving again and May be just maybe you won't have to get a revision at least not this early out.  However, if you're insisting on getting it done.  Find out what length is your Roux limb and see how much you want to be bypassed but remember with more bypass you might be asking to have other medical issues...just saying.  Best of luck.
Ruth S.
sheila9916
on 9/8/12 10:01 pm - MI
Hi Ruth, thanks for your reply.  I havent lost a single pound since October, which was the 4th month after my surgery, and probably when I was healed.  I tried so many different things to get my weight loss back on track but I just couldnt live on 1200 calories or less I was starving.  I do have bad back problems so I am very limited with my exercise. But I certainly didn't exercise those first 4 months..I just had the endoscope procedure & my dr told me my pouch was stretched out.  I don't think it was ever tight enough to be honest.  I just want/need to lose this weight and get some of the pressure off my back.  I think 11 months with no weight loss (actually with a gain of almost 10#) is long enough to realize I need more help.  But thanks so much for your reply I hope they don't suggest moving the Y at all. I hope you get to feeling better.
IceMama
on 9/7/12 8:19 pm
Just sent you a private msg with my reasons for telling you not to do it,... I do wish you the best  with whatever decision you chose.

Good Luck!

Steph
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
MayraS
on 9/8/12 7:24 am
On September 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, IceMama wrote:
Just sent you a private msg with my reasons for telling you not to do it,... I do wish you the best  with whatever decision you chose.

Good Luck!

Steph
Hello Steph, could you please message me as to why you would not reccomend it? Just curious, thanks!
SteffieBear15
on 9/9/12 6:46 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
 I have to disagree with Ruth... One of the ladies in my surgeon's support group had a similar expereince and her surgery was not done correctly. If you are (HONESTLY) eating that little and not losing there has to be a reason. The woman I mentioned went to a different surgeon from 1st procedure to 2nd. She had a band over bypass. It was just done last month but she has lost 12 lbs already. If there is a mechanical failure then your tool is not working. If it was as simple as Ruth said to just eat better, none of us would have needed surgery...go to a different surgeon and get a second opinion. GOOD LUCK!

Stefanie - RNY 5.31.0 BOB revision 10.29.12

SW 234/CW 190/GW 160

Most Active