revision in the Philadelphia Area

mybz2002
on 8/28/12 4:47 pm
Hi All,

Been a long time since I have been on here. I had surgery in2002, got down to 208 and am at about 270. Has anyone had a revision in the philly area and who did they go to??

Thanks all!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 9:24 am - Hockessin, DE
Revision on 03/01/12
I went to Dr. Williams at Penn and also Dr. Wynn in Christiana, DE when I was in the process.  After being denied approval for a revision from my insurance company, I decided to have my band over bypass done in Mexico.  Dr. Wynn has performed multiple surgeries on me as an emergency patient at her hospital over the years and she is always the one to operate since I had an RNY in 03.  I love her and wish I could be a regular patient of hers but her practice doesn't take my insurance.
heathercross
on 8/31/12 6:05 am - New York, NY
 Come to NYC.  You can see Dr. Mitchell Roslin at lenox Hill, does all revisions, including DS and he is by far the best doctor in the country!  He takes most if not all insurance. I didn'rt end up using him, but I knew him from my 1st surgry. I used Kurian at NYU.

lelagoddess
on 9/22/12 9:04 am
I saw Dr. Ing at Bryn Mawr...really happy with him and especially his team.  He takes the team approach seriously, with multiple meeting with nutrition and a lot of one on one from the advanced practice nurse in the office.

I would not recomend Barix in Langhorn.  Both my husband and I had our lapbands put in there in 07/08 and had a good experience then, but the surgeons have changed and there is not a patient centered vibe there any more.

Many people go to Penn--I personally don't like the hospital, although the surgeons are top notch.  Temple, Hanhemann and Einstein have programs that I know about--and if you are in MontCo, the brand new hospital is opening there with a bariatric surgeon.

mybz2002
on 9/22/12 9:17 am
Thanks all for the input. I originally went to University of Penn and not big fans anymore, I feel that they are money centered. My husband went to have his revisioin there and they opened him up and closed him up and then the doc took 3 days (YES 3 DAYS) to come and explain to him what happened. SOrry, that is completely UNACCEPTABLE! And then when I told the Doc it was unacceptable I was told I was out of line, i told him that I didn't think so and to release him now or we were walking out anyway. It wasn't pretty. University of Penn don't like people who are outspoken. There were some issues back in the day with some protein supplements and a few people spoke out at meeting and the snotty ass nutrionsit had the nerve to get loud with people and insult them. they want you to sit and obey, not discuss real issues. It's a sham there anymore.

I will look into a few of the above then. I am pregnant now so it's out the wiindow for time being but after i have the baby I am definetly looking into a reveision, there is definetly something going on with my plumbing.

Thanks ALL!
Most Active